new to DISH

benzbill

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 24, 2004
lockport,il
I am getting DISH installed next Saturday, I am getting the 622 dual tuner HD DVR, 1 311 & 1 HD 211 receiver. I have 2 questions how exactely does the 2 tuner receiver change channels from another room like my basement or are there limitations on how far or which room it needs to be in & also will there be only 1 cable coming into my house then run from a multi switch at that point to the other receivers? I want to have all the cables in one area when the installer gets here as i currently have comcast cable HD which i love but the bill keeps getting higher & higher. I have a cable going up to where my voom & direct sat. used to be i just need to redo some of the cables to get them all to point a Thanks for any info

The second remote is UHF radio frequency and therefore does not require line-of-sight (will work through walls and floors/ceilings). Not sure about the range. You will need at least three coax runs from the multiswitch (usually installed near the dish). One for the dual-tuner receiver (used with a separator) and one each for your other two receivers. Even if the multiswitch is installed inside your house, you will still need at least three cables from the dish to the multiswitch (one for each satellite location)

The second remote is UHF radio frequency and therefore does not require line-of-sight (will work through walls and floors/ceilings). Not sure about the range. You will need at least three coax runs from the multiswitch (usually installed near the dish). One for the dual-tuner receiver (used with a separator) and one each for your other two receivers. Even if the multiswitch is installed inside your house, you will still need at least three cables from the dish to the multiswitch (one for each satellite location)
So basically 3 cables from the LNB's into the house to the multi switch? should all 3 runs go into a ground block first? The lady at dish said one wire from the dish but i wasn't real sure she knew what she was talking about, I wanna have all the runs done for the guy so i can control the holes drilled into the house

My bet is he did not.
No i work for att so i get a whopping 6 bucks off a month got the free 622 & also the 200 bucks spread over 10 months with hbo free for 3 months,enough to cover the Soprano's> That puts it at like 57 a month for the 250 package with locals & the hd & 3 tuners just about half of my cable bill for the first 10 months anyway, I payed the 49 activation as to avoid a commit in case i don't like it

After looking at the install directions for the 1000.2 dish it looks like the 129 lnb is run over to the dual 110 & 119 lnb then 2 cable runs going into the house into the multi switch does this sound correct before i start drilling 3 holes in my house it sounds like i only need 2 or are the 1000 & 1000 plus dishes a dif configuration so it will depend on which dish is installed??

Hey benzbill,

Different dishes are needed depending on which satellite HD locals are being supplied.

Please tell us what city you receive your local channels from.

If you are using the 1000.2, you DO NOT need a multi-switch (unless you are using more than three receivers). The 1000.2 has a built-in switch and can feed three dual tuner receivers with a single cable each, with the use of a separator. You will still need three cables going inside your home. The LNB-in port on the Dish 1000.2 is for a fourth satellite location (will need an additional dish)

Last edited:
Hey benzbill,

Different dishes are needed depending on which satellite HD locals are being supplied.

Please tell us what city you receive your local channels from.
I get the locals from chicago & from the dish site it looks like the 129 sat. so it looks like it will depend on the type dish they plan on installing. I also checked the line i have up there which has been shortened between when direct was up there & voom due to voom's antenna they used so maybe i'll just let the installer do it & hope he does it like he was doing his own home i can always redo it when it warms up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)