New to Forum / Check Switch Problem

BC_Club

Original poster
Jul 21, 2006
I am new to the forum and have a question before I call DISH for another house call. I have 2 dual receivers/4 TV*s. About 3 weeks ago I received the "check switch" error on 1 receiver and called the tech line and they could not walk me through it and they sent out a tech. The tech came in and did his 6*1*1*1 check switch and all was fine I had all my channels. The next day the other receiver did the same thing so I did his 6*1*1*1 and it worked. I am now having to do this every single time I turn on any one of the 4 TV*s. What oculd be the probleM?

- Dish has clear site to satellite
- I have checked all the connections
- No solar flares
_ no inclement weather

I live in an older pier and beam house (built in the 20s) that has some settling to the foundation. dish is attached to eave of house. Could that be the problem.

I am ready to chunk it and go back to cable.

Any information greatly appreciated!

Sounds more like faulty equipment, possibly the switch or the LNB. You will need a service call from Dish Network to have it replaced. How long ago was the installation? I believe you have 90 days warranty on the installation.

Install was done 1 year ago. I assume that Dish does not cover "parts" except for the limited warranty. I do have the extended warranty.

With the Dish Home Protection Plan, I think the trouble call is $29.00. I would call and explain to them what you described here. Sounds like you don't have a switch so the only thing left is the LNB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts