New to FTA: Getting good signal quality but 0 signal strength

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kelvin

Original poster
Dec 2, 2007
I am new to the FTA setup and from many sites that I have visited, the ideal problem for many initial setups were good signal strength and 0 signal quality. For me it's the other way around. I have been getting very good signal quality and NO signal strength. Just getting very confused and hoping to get some answers. I have a Viewsat VSPRO receiver connected to a motor to an invacom quad polar lnb (connected to one "c" and one "l" port down to a diseqc switch to the motor, and from motor to receiver). What is the main problem here with the 0 signal strength with 65 - 75% signal quality?

Sounds like its @$$backwards eh? I never heard of that before. Have you got ANY signals on it?? I mean watchable. Which satellites have you tried so far?
I wonder if the VS PRO , since its fairly new has all the bugs worked out of its software........And what are your settings on, say, a typical ku band satellite??(antenna setup screen)

Sounds like its @$$backwards eh? I never heard of that before. Have you got ANY signals on it?? I mean watchable. Which satellites have you tried so far?
I wonder if the VS PRO , since its fairly new has all the bugs worked out of its software........And what are your settings on, say, a typical ku band satellite??(antenna setup screen)

No signals at all. I've tried 110w, 119w, 121w, and 123w. All with no luck. Set up for the satellite are as follow:

Satellite Echostar 8, 10
LNB Frequency 11250 mhz
22khz off
Diseqc 1.0 none
Diseqc 1.2 none
Motor Type USALS

(Same for Echostar 7 and Echostar 9)

Satellite Galaxy 10R
LNB Frequency 9750/10600 mhz
22khz off
Diseqc 1.0 none
Diseqc 1.2 none
Motor Type USALS

I am new to the FTA setup and from many sites that I have visited, the ideal problem for many initial setups were good signal strength and 0 signal quality. For me it's the other way around. I have been getting very good signal quality and NO signal strength. Just getting very confused and hoping to get some answers. I have a Viewsat VSPRO receiver connected to a motor to an invacom quad polar lnb (connected to one "c" and one "l" port down to a diseqc switch to the motor, and from motor to receiver). What is the main problem here with the 0 signal strength with 65 - 75% signal quality?

I have a VS-PRO as well kelvin. The meters are backwards on this unit if you have firmware version 101 or 102 installed. The new version that just got posted on Viewsatusa.com - Introducing the VS2000 is version 104. The meters are fixed on that version.

You are in for a difficult uphill battle I'm afraid. I've been struggling with this beast for months now and although I can watch TV and record to my USB hard drive there are many many bugs remaining in the firmware.

I'll try to help where I can and I have the exact same LNB / Receiver combination so you are in luck. First of all let's start with the basics. The way I hooked mine up L from the invacom goes to port 1 and C goes to port 2 on the switch. The output of the switch goes to the LNB connector on the motor and the receiver side of the motor goes to the receiver.

Now select a satellite on the Viewsat. You should use your true south satellite to get started. Then go to the "Antenna Setting" and enter LNB frequency. Use 10750 for (L) or 11250 for (C). Now select the port for diseqc 1.0 and leave diseqc 1.1 empty. If you ever go over 4 ports that will change but for now just populate the diseqc 1.0 field. Leave the 22k tone off and set the motor type to USALS.

Now go to the "Channel Search" screen and change AUTO to MANUAL. Select a "Strong Transponder" frequency and then start aiming the dish. If the "Strong Transponder" you wish to use is not in the pulldown list then you have to back out and enter the "Edit TP" screen to add it. Be sure to add the frequency AND symbol rate.

A list of strong transponders can be fount on Iceberg's "The List". http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
No signals at all. I've tried 110w, 119w, 121w, and 123w. All with no luck. Set up for the satellite are as follow:

Satellite Echostar 8, 10
LNB Frequency 11250 mhz
22khz off
Diseqc 1.0 none
Diseqc 1.2 none
Motor Type USALS

(Same for Echostar 7 and Echostar 9)

Satellite Galaxy 10R
LNB Frequency 9750/10600 mhz
22khz off
Diseqc 1.0 none
Diseqc 1.2 none
Motor Type USALS

You need to have Diseqc 1.0 set to port one or two not none. Also Galaxy 10R need to be set at 10750. See my detailed instructions above.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts