new to fta....hi to everybody

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dxuall1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
mission,tx
Hi to everybody from texas:)....I have a question:confused:. is there any 30''-36'' dish fta systems with this features all in one receiver and if there is one what brand and model is it? blind scan,analog,high definition,c-band/ku-band. is there such thing as c/ku band fta receivers. I want a receiver with a fair price that works fine (one that tunes all the available channels out there)if it is analog it's ok.....I am sorry :Dprobably i am posting in the wrong room. thank you for your comments. -juan-

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!
I am moving your post to the FTA area.

welcome to the FTA department!

There are a number of nice FTA systems, with 36" dishes, offered by our sponsors.
They all have blind scan, and we wouldn't recommend them if they weren't top-rated.
They receive DVB or digital broadcasts (and feeds) in standard def, on Ku band, only.
Here are some packages for Ku, both motorized and not.
The Mercury II receiver is first rate. I have one.
The Visionsat IV200 is outstanding. I just got one.

The receivers are capable of C-band operation. They really don't care.
But, you'll need a C-band LNB and a 6..8..10 foot dish (depends on what you want and where you are).
There are even C/Ku LNBs, which give you both bands on your big dishes.

To get analog (or other modes) on C-band, you'd want an old analog receiver.

I think all the answers are here on the forum, and the members can help you sort them out.

:upso with a nice $250 receiver,36'' dish/motor i will receive pretty much all the ''action''? I understand that i dont receive c-band with this equipment. will i miss alot of the ''action''? if i miss somthing what will i be missing like what channels are they good?:confused:

real FTA

Here are some comprehensive lists with pretty much all of the FTA services from Ku band listed.
The first list is simple and will give you a break down by language, in case some particular language pushes your buttons.
The list from Global has also info on C-band as well as Ku band.
"The List", which is hosted here on this server is first rate, and a good one to use once you are beyond the beginner lists.
All have the same satellites , but some have more detailed technical info, that will become useful later on.

In addition to what you see, a receiver with "blind scan" will help you find "feeds", which are breaking news/sports shows.
So, if there is a big train wreck in Chicago, the satellites will lite up with all sorts of news coverage.
Some sporting events will be found on feeds, but not necessarily every one.
Those we don't usually talk about in public, but if you dig through the recent postings, there are plenty of clues as to which birds carry which sporting events.

If you are looking to replace every pay-TV channel, that's not going to happen.
Not everything can be found on real FTA.

Thank you anole for the info. I am a dish network suscriber for the past 1.5 to 2 years and last week i was just looking at some web sites (big dish) just for curiosity and i dont know where i read somthing about f-t-a and started searching. I want to gather as much info as i can before i make any investments on equipment. what i meant by ''all the action'' is the extra channels that i can receive on fta equipment. what kind of pakage (receiver/dish/motor) will be great to receive pretty much everything (channels/wild feeds/etc.) out there? I am looking for somthing around $200-$300 dollars. what store do you satellite guys recomend for best price,costumer service,etc. thank you for your anwers-replys. -juan-

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)