new to fta - usb or pci? which would you buy

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

AdamGott

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2005
Idaho Falls, ID
I can't seem to find much to tell me which would be a better choice so I thought that I would ask here. Are there any advantages to buying one over the other?

Also, I have three dish 500's now (the installer put one on each HD satellite for some reason). Can I just hook up a motor to one of those and use it for FTA or would I be better off just getting a separate 90 cm dish? I live in Idaho.

The Dish 500's cant be used for 99% of the legal FTA channels up there! What channels are you hoping to get?

You will need at least a 30" dish for FTA channels!

I like and use the DVB World USB box.......

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=572706#post572706

Its software driven so as long as the PC is up to the specs then its plug and play!

No opening up your PC needed!

Easy to switch to other PC and and laptops!

Works for HD and 4:2:2 broadcasts!

Last edited:
PSB said:
The Dish 500's cant be used for 99% of the legal FTA channels up there! What channels are you hoping to get?

You will need at least a 30" dish for FTA channels!

I like and use the DVB World USB box.......

Hmm, I thought all dishes were basically the same (short of a mount that would make it movable to another satellite). It's not a big deal though, the Dish 'technically' isn't mine (I have three 500's on lease but am really only using two of them) and I see that 30" dishes aren't terribly expensive anyway.

Which HD channels can one get FTA anyway? I don't remember seeing any on the charts.

PSB said:
And so much more ;)

I am watching HD feeds EVERYNIGHT!

And it just keeps getting better and better. Pick your poison: Hockey, Basketball, Baseball, Auto racing, etc., etc, and soon (hopefully) World cup!!!

There is nothing sweeter than watching the original HD feed before your cable provider decompresses, recompresses, degrades it, then adds commercials. You see HD as it should be.

And in the case of the NHL playoffs, I get different camera angles than my cable CBC-HD.

And, it bears saying, add C band if you can.

I just ordered a StarBox and can't wait to start watching HD! Hopefully it comes soon, I am more than ready to watch hockey in HD. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts