New To FTA With Question about set up & Invacaom QPH-031

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

FTABman0

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 13, 2006
Lat 39.2°N WV Lo 81.5°W
I am about 2 weeks old to this FTA thing and so far it has been quite challenging! I was doing great with the Fortec Star Single KU Band Universal LNBF till I got my Invacaom QPH-031. I got all the FTA channels on the Fortec Star Single KU Band Universal LNBF and no scrambled channels when scanned FTA. Now I get all scrambled channels (Say's Scrambled On Screen) and few FTA channels and nothing else. The set up for the Invacaom QPH-031 is LO frequency
11250 for DBS Universal or 10600 22k on for FTA, is this right? Do you set all settings in the ANT setup screen for each satellite you want to scan or is it a one time thing for all satellites? The book is not clear on this, I have a Diseqc 2x1 Switch inline to with the Invacaom QPH-031. I can aim it at echo 61.5 to get the channels that are in the clear, I go there to see if it moves to a satellite I know where it is. I have set up Sky angel in the past so I aim at this bird for reference and to see if the motor is moving right. It moves here and is right but when I seem to move to another one it is wrong. I went to echo 119 and got Bell expressvu information channels in its place. Clearly, something is not right. I just want it to move to the right satellites when I move to them. Could my dish be off or not set up right? Any input would be great! Thanx for your help!!

OK here is all my information:
Zip Code: 26150 PO
Name: Mineral wells (WV)
Population (1990): 5463

What is my true south satellite I can fine tune to?

Equipment Used In This Set Up:
Fortec Star Lifetime Classic NA Satellite Receiver* (Out of Box Factory!)
Motek SG-2100 Satellite Dish Motor
Invacom QPH-031 Quad Polar LNB (CP & LP)
Fortec Star 80 cm (31 inch) Satellite Dish
1 Diseqc 2x1 for CP & LP
The Diseqc Switch is now set up
LNB 1 is the LP side
LNB 2 is the CP side

Your TRUE south satellite is always the same as your longitude, I would use Nimiq 2 @ 82w to get you in the ballpark. Then any close by KU satellite using USALS.

But its always a good idea to find and store it WITHOUT the nmotor first!

Good Luck and WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum!

Worked Like A Charm! Thanx Guy's!! Any Recommendations On FTA Channels And What Birds They Are On? Is Nasa TV FTA, I Seen On Their Website That They Said They Don't Do KU Band Since They Switched Over To The Digital Signal. It Was Weird Yesterday Morning Seeing Bloomberg Live Feed Waiting For Affiliates To Pick Up On The Feed. I Am A Fan Of Don Imus And Imus In The Morning, Does He Have Any Live Feeds That Anyone Is Aware Of On FTA? Link From MSNBC Studio To WFAN Or New Mexico Out At His Ranch To WFAN In New York? Thanks For Your Help Guy's, It Was Truly Appreciated! I Now Can Play Around And See What Is Out Their Thanks To You Guy's. Thanks Again For Answering My Lamo Question That Seemed Easy To You All. I Think You Have A Very Nice Forum Here And I Have Learned A Bunch From Reading The Post's In All Interesting Category's! PSB & Sadoun, Thanx Again, If I Get Into Any More Questions, I Will Ask Here!

NASA is available digital on 119. Most of 119 is encrypted but NASA and I think AngelOne are broadcast ITC. Also some music channels.

Don Imus

Don Imus, is that the guy who does a radio show on the air ? Ok just went to MSNBC site and yeah thats him.

Yeah sure, I've seen many Live feeds with multiple cameras using different channels, you'll have fun switching channels.

Do a blind scan on SBS 6 74.0 west in the a.m. , your sure to find Don.

Is there much of a gain from a Fortec Star 31" 80CM Dish to a Fortec 90 cm Dish? I read somewhere that the Invacom QPH-031 would not work properly on a 90CM. True??. I was thinking about getting a 90CM dish later on and would like to know if it worth the money since my 80CM is brand new. Could you go 100CM 39’? Bigger is always better so I am told but in this case 31’ to 36’? A big grip with the 80CM is that My LNBF plastic holder on my Fortec 80CM barely holds the Invacom in place now without moving I have also noticed that I scanned a High Definition Channel preview today and it Locked Up The Lifetime Classic NA! Guess you can expect that with an all channel search. Thankx for any feedback!

I use the QPH-031 on a 90cm/36" dish. Works perfectly, there certainly was an improvement over the 30" dish I was using but not all that much. A great 30" dish is sometimes almost just as good as a mediocre 36" dish, but bigger IS better!

Attachments

• Pict0015.JPG
    Pict0015.JPG
    12.2 KB · Views: 222
  • Pict0016.JPG
    Pict0016.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 210
  • Pict0026.JPG
    Pict0026.JPG
    2.3 KB · Views: 295
Thanx PSB, I might later on go 90CM. I looked for Don Imus And Imus In The Morning Studio Feeds on SBS 6 74.0 West this morning after a blind scan and did not find him on there. Any sugestions? Should I scan with LP & CP of the Invacom QPH-031. I only did a LP scan I will try a CP scan since he is still on the air. I might not be on the right Satellite? Sugestions would be great if anyone has came across some live Don Imus Feeds on any birds! Thanx again PSB, this is the best place for the questions by far!

SBS6 is a linear satellite so use the Linear side and an L.O. of 10750 when scanning this satelllite.
Sorry new finds and feeds will not be mentioned here in the open area of the forum!

Yeah, did a Linear scan and did not find much. I am sorry for the ask of feeds in a open area. Where do I go or do to get in a area to ask the good questions? Thankx PSB, you have been a great help over the last couple days!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)