New to FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

donaldelee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
New to fta: my system is: coolsat 6000, fortec 90cm 36", LNB QPH-031, motor HH90. What satellites should I be able to get in southcentral Illinois? What are the settings in the menu to obtain the channels? Thanks in advance!

Thanks for all the prompt responses! First I purchased the system to obtain all channels possible. In the ku band! I believe the southern horizon is clear. I'm satisfied the pole is plumb. The system was installed by a very qualified professional installer. The amc satellite indicates it finds several television channels; however, they do [the satellitte] not appear after I do a blind scan, and return to watch them. Perhaps, I need to set the parameters different? ? ? Thanks in advance!

Make sure the L.O. is set to 10750 for the linear Ku signals.
Maybe you have the wrong port set up if you are using a switch to bring in both linear and circular signals from your Invacom QPH-031?

Whats changed since the professional installer was there? Did he show you some channels working or is this just a problem with this AMC satellite (AMC-?)

Lyngsat does take awhile to understand at first.... for a ku it has to be 5 numbers for the frequency and in the clear (4's are for cbands)

So for nimiq 2 for example it looks like it's mostly just some radio and a promo channel (rest is encrypted) you also have to check on the right hand side to see where it's aimed. people on the east coast might be able to get atlantic.....sometimes there's a general map that can come up.

Thanks for all the prompt responses! I am beginning to understand Lyngsat S O M E. Actually, I believe I had AMC all of the time. I only get one station, and it hardly comes in at all. It is up around 2165.

Is there a channel list for free to air to include in my coolsat 6000? I don't understand how to read the channels? ? ? Thanks for the link PSB!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts