New to FTA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

zigzag941

Original poster
Jan 14, 2007
Hi everybody,
I've just joined the SatelliteGuys family and this is my first post.
I'm very excited by this FTA stuff. Up till now I thought satellite TV was only
a monthly pay thing. After looking around various sites I can't wait to check out all the free viewing there is out there. My research shows me that there is tons of free stuff available but on different satellites... so instead of several dishes to get it all, it will be a motorized system for sure. Which brings me to my first question:
I can see the motor controlling azimuth but what takes care of the elevation
differences between satellite locations? Or is this a dumb question?

Arny

the motor takes care of everything. The azimuth (e-w), elevation (up & down) and the skew (twisting of the LNB)

Hi everybody,
I've just joined the SatelliteGuys family and this is my first post.
I'm very excited by this FTA stuff. Up till now I thought satellite TV was only
a monthly pay thing. After looking around various sites I can't wait to check out all the free viewing there is out there. My research shows me that there is tons of free stuff available but on different satellites... so instead of several dishes to get it all, it will be a motorized system for sure. Which brings me to my first question:
I can see the motor controlling azimuth but what takes care of the elevation
differences between satellite locations? Or is this a dumb question?

Arny

Welcome! Not a dumb question!!!!

The elevation is adjusted by a bend in the motor tube in association with the elevation adjustment of the dish. As the motor turns the tube, the bend of the tube causes the dish to track an arc.

ZZ.
Welcome to THE Site, and there are no dumb questions here, believe me, I know!
Hope that your experience here, is just as informative as mine has been. A wonderful bunch of people here, and VERY well informed.

Good luck with your setup, and again, welcome!

Thanks all.
I'm sure I'm going to have many more questions later. Still trying to figure out exactly what I'm going to buy. I have a lot of time to contemplate though. I can't get up onto the roof until winter's over and it warms up. Can't stand my hands freezing to metal LOL!

ZZ

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)