New to hopper and dish quick ?

99taws6

Original poster
May 10, 2012
I have a hopper in my living room and 3 joeys in my 3 bedrooms. I thought it would work out great as I just switched from cable. We are having viewing issues due to conflicts with everyone trying to watch tv. How can I get like basic channels and features in my kids bedrooms while retaining the hopper and joeys for the other rooms? With cable I would just plug a coax into the tv but this satellite is all new to me.

What's the most cost effective (cheap or free) option?

Thanks for the help in advance

I know it's not terribly constructive but I'll bet most people on this forum shelled out at least one $200 lease fee during their life with Dish. I did six years ago with the same ViP622 I use today and that only covered one TV with full HD DVR service and a second one with just DVR. The fact that you can now get full HD DVR service for up to 4 TVs without paying a dime for equipment is amazing. If you really need all those extra tuners $200 sounds like a bargain.

I know it's not terribly constructive but I'll bet most people on this forum shelled out at least one $200 lease fee during their life with Dish. I did six years ago with the same ViP622 I use today and that only covered one TV with full HD DVR service and a second one with just DVR. The fact that you can now get full HD DVR service for up to 4 TVs without paying a dime for equipment is amazing. If you really need all those extra tuners $200 sounds like a bargain.

Before upgrading to the Hopper, I paid $200 for the 922 (for one tuner and sling)

They told me a second hopper was $199 and that seems crazy.
That's the easiest solution to dig yourself out of the problem. I'm assuming you got the first one free. Existing customers have to pay $100 per hopper, which ends up at the same $200 cost for 2 Hoppers. Most everyone's paying the same cost for 2 Hoppers.

There are harder solutions like stockpiling more recorded content or train people in your household to watch the same live channels. If you have PTAT enabled, you might consider the USB ota adapter that's coming out later this year. That would free up that tuner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)