New to KU-Band FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Welcome to SatelliteGuys ChrisN812 !!!!
Please start a new thread tomorrow as you go through your install, and keep us posted on how it is going!!

Reactions: FTA4PA
If the OP hasn't done it already, you can put a cheap laptop cooler under that little heater (M1 receiver) and works well to cool it. And I hope he figured out to set the LO for his standard lnbf back to 10750 instead of universal. Wallyworld has a $10 laptop cooler that did the trick for my overheating receiver.

Reactions: Jason S
LinkBox 9000i... either version. Both versions the same except the Local version adds Over The Air TV using an antenna.
I'm well pleased with the non-local version.
Things have been working ok keeping a standard room fan on it although I did wake up one morning last week to "no signal" although fthe box would turn the dish. I thought the dish was out of alignment but I had the sense to reboot the box and it came right back after that. So the x2 m1 is definitely flaky at best. Lots of features for cheap in that little box though! I hooked up a 2tb usb drive to it and can record the live news feeds, it's just great. Does anyone know if the other boxes record to a standard format that I can edit without converting first?

Sent from my SM-G900V using SatelliteGuys mobile app

For M1 HD overheating, I took the 'cheap' way out... I drilled 1/4" holes in the top cover above the power supply (6) and over the CPU (2-3), and 2 more below the power supply area, which already has lots of venting. Then I set it so there is extra space below it for ventilation, instead of setting it directly on a flat surface. Later, I may mount taller spacers to the bottom, instead of sitting it on matchboxes. This has been working good for me, even running it 24/7. It does occasionally go off, but now it is rare, like once every 2-3 weeks. I think this is not too bad for using it 24/7 to feed a modulator for in-home distribution.

I use the little fan in the photo behind my receiver and ASC-1 to keep air moving around the electronics. I think I paid around $10 at Dollar General.
DSCN6192.JPG

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)