New to site

Status
Please reply by conversation.

abellone

Original poster
Jan 6, 2008
I have recently re-connected by dish equipment. I have an old Uniden Supra that still gets some analog stations. I have a ten foot dish with a co-rotor, although I never was able to get anything on the KU side. Is there anything that can be done to salvage the dish? I heard that an option would be 4dtv. I've also heard of FTA. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

:welcome to SatelliteGuys abellone

I have recently re-connected by dish equipment. I have an old Uniden Supra that still gets some analog stations. I have a ten foot dish with a co-rotor, although I never was able to get anything on the KU side. Is there anything that can be done to salvage the dish? I heard that an option would be 4dtv. I've also heard of FTA. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

:welcome

There is alot of stuff out there still. What you need to do is get a 4DTV, DSR 922 & a FTA receiver. I like Pansat's, then get ku up and running on your big dish.

Just because analog is almost dead, that don't mean there's nothing left. Digital is going very strong. :)

Thanks, is Pansat's the FTA? Do they all get hooked up together instead of my Uniden? How can I find a good installer in the los angeles area?

welcome to the site
if you add a DVB receiver you can get the digital FTA channels on c-band and with a bit of fine tuning i'm sure Ku side too. there are several channels and lots of feeds

4dtv is an option its mostly subscription although some channels are viewable in the clear with a receiver. it has the option of digital channels and also a HD option ( with HD receiver)

also there is a dsr-410 much like the 4dtv that several offer for subscription and it a KU only / one satellite only option.

Thanks, is Pansat's the FTA? Do they all get hooked up together instead of my Uniden? How can I find a good installer in the los angeles area?

The Pansat is the FTA box. The DSR 922 (4DTV) would be your master then the Pansat would be a slave. You could use your Uniden and get a DSR 905 off e-bay if you want to.

Why not put it all together yourself? C band installers are few and far between. There are a bunch of nice guys out here that could help you get it working. If you have a basic understanding of it that's a plus.

I learned a long time ago about c band. Im self taught, I learned by experimenting & trying. I even pick up some good advice from the guys here still. They helped me with a project last summer. Once you learn you never forget. :D

Thanks, I'll start looking for the equipment. I think dumping the Uniden and going with the Pansat and Motorolla are probably the way to go. I'll probably need a new KU lnb, cause I was never able to receive anything on KU before.

Thanks, I'll start looking for the equipment. I think dumping the Uniden and going with the Pansat and Motorolla are probably the way to go. I'll probably need a new KU lnb, cause I was never able to receive anything on KU before.

The California Amplifiers & Norsat's are good LNB's. My Cal amp for C band is over 18 years old and still running strong.

Ku alignment is 3 times more critical than C band. What you want to do is track the arc on Ku then C band falls right into place. If your only interested in a few ku satellites like I am you can use smaller 75 to 90 cm fixed dishes. A good 3 footer will perform better then a 10 foot mesh on ku. Alot of the guys use motors on a smaller dish to track ku. That's another option.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)