New to Sunday ticket? Superfan?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trellaine

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
Vancouver
What is the total cost for a new subscriber to NFL Sunday Ticket and Superfan? I found a price for Sunday Ticket ($250 or close to) but how much for Superfan?

This satellite service is breaking my bank. :p

wait so sunday ticket doesnt come with games in HD? you need to add superfan to see them in HD?

wait so sunday ticket doesnt come with games in HD? you need to add superfan to see them in HD?

Yep and I think thats crazy! Just like MLB package. I had no idea you needed to pay something like 30-40bucks extra on top of the package in order to get HD games.

Same with Sunday ticket.....gets very pricey in my opinion.

I'm moving into a new place and might move to D* from Cox and reclaim my upgraded D* TiVo back from my parents (its sitting unused in a spare room.. /tear).

Waiting until they unveil whatever their sunday ticket new sub offer is for the year... last year it was announced on 7/1.

* holds breath*

Sunday Ticket is successful because of the content offered for the price. If it was too high people would go to friends/bars. Price is fine.

I'm moving into a new place and might move to D* from Cox and reclaim my upgraded D* TiVo back from my parents (its sitting unused in a spare room.. /tear).

Waiting until they unveil whatever their sunday ticket new sub offer is for the year... last year it was announced on 7/1.

* holds breath*

Sunday Ticket is successful because of the content offered for the price. If it was too high people would go to friends/bars. Price is fine.

$300 plus? I realize I have a choice but just stating quite pricey if you include the HD.

It's pricey, but if it was unreasonable people would not pay for it. They clearly are and continue to do so, so the price will at least continue to be maintained at this level, if not increased.

For what I get, I don't see it as unreasonable, no.

* holds breath*

If you do NOT have a D* sub at this time, I would wait until just before the season starts, like August, D* usually has a real good package they offer to get new subs.
You pay for like the ST and get then premium package for like 3 months, or something like that, it's the best offer D* gives every year.

Jimbo

I get superfan every year and have not had to pay for it yet. Just keep asking for it to be waived. If your a good customer they will take care of you.

I get superfan every year and have not had to pay for it yet. Just keep asking for it to be waived. If your a good customer they will take care of you.
How many years has Superfan been around 2 maybe 3 years tops?If they are so willing to give it for free ,,Why do they bother to charge at all.I was told from redemption department that Directv doesn't control sports package pricing.If NFL wants to charge you for HD Super fan they can.Directv can at best give you 5 -10 dollars per month off ,to make up the cost difference.But that can Take an hour or more on the phone with redemption.And you have to really be unhappy.All I'm saying is don't count on it for free forever. Because I'm sure it won't be.

If you do NOT have a D* sub at this time, I would wait until just before the season starts, like August, D* usually has a real good package they offer to get new subs.
You pay for like the ST and get then premium package for like 3 months, or something like that, it's the best offer D* gives every year.

Jimbo

Yup, last year it was offered on/around 7/1 (4 for 4, 4 rooms, Sunday Ticket, TC Premiere for xxx for 4 months), so I am anxiously waiting.

I wouldn't expect this to last. Once they are upgrading mass equipment again I expect this to be either integrated into ST or a non negotiable price.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)