New to the FTA World - Ion Tv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sdatver

Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
South Dakota
Hi there, I am completely new to the fta world and I dont have any equipment yet, and am still trying to figure out some of the tech talk. I am looking at getting a setup for ku band for a cabin I have that I dont want to get dish or directv but wanting to get a few channels more then the 3 I get OTA. I have particular interest in Ion tv and was wondering what kind of setup I would need to pull this in. Anywhere I look it says Ion is on Cband but I have seen talk of people getting it on a ku band setup. Is there any info you guys could give me to help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

:welcome Yes ION is C-Band only and the whole MUX is there, more ION than you ever thought possible :)
I would check into finding an unused C-Band dish and putting it back to use. Many can be had for free.

I've tried the mini/microBUD a few times, and at least in my location, I have never got ION. I'd look for the best C-band dish possible, as suggested :)

ok I have looked through lyngsat but without channels right in front of me it is difficult to determine. Is there any programs on the ku band that offer reruns of shows like CSI or criminal minds etc. or even sitcoms that type of programming or is most of it Christian and news programs. Sorry complete newbie here.

Not as much as on C-band, but on 97W Ku-band, Ebru TV does have some British and Australian reruns (for example, Doctor Who). On 83W, at least for the time being (it's rumored they're going to just C-band), you can get Retro TV.

I think C-band is still your best bet :)

How is your local OTA reception?
(oh, three channels)
Do you get all the networks, wherever you are located?
What do you have on sub-channels?

As a kid, I lived in Rapid City when it was about 50,000 people.
Dont know what has happened in the decades since, but I have a memory of hundreds of miles of flat featuresess desert, between small towns. :)

Dont know what has happened in the decades since, but I have a memory of hundreds of miles of flat featuresess desert, between small towns. :)

Now, all the Wall Drug signs obscure the view and cut down on over the horizon tv reception.;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)