New to the FTA world

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tcrager

Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
Hi all. I am a new user and would appreciate some help to get started. I have a Traxis 2500 and a Direct TV 4 LNB dish. It is possible to get started with this to get any TV stations or do I need to start with a different dish. I have got on some radio stations to work but no TV stations. Thanks for all the help

New to FTA

Hi all.
I am new to this and would appreciate some help.
I have a Traxis 2500 which I heard was a good starter and a Direct TV dish
I have been able to hit some radio stations but I would like to know if I can get any TV with the equipment I have.

I would appreciate it. This seems like it will be a fun hobby and the people on here seem very helpful Thanks for the quick reply

One other thing. With the 30 inch dish and the KULNBF roughly how much is available. is this hard to program and where would be the best place to find the equipment. On iceberg's posting he explained what you could get but not what antena to use. sorry for all the question but like I said I am brand new and curious

PSB said:
Welcome to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum!
Have a look below thats all you will be able to get with a DirecTV dish and LNBF.
You will need at least a 30" dish and KU LNBF to get 95% of the FTA channels up there.......
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=34131

As I was saying, you will need a bigger dish and KU LNBF to get most FTA channels, depending on where you are a 30 to 36" dish and in Canada a 1m dish. Have a look at out Gold sponsors at the top of the page, thats where to go get your dish and LNBF, those guys help pay for this forum!

Give us your zip code and we can give you all the angles to the satellites from your area, you can print it out or refer to it when needed!

Check the FAQ section. 20-30 minutes of reading and you'll know 50% of what you need to know...

I've learned in the last few months the last 50% is much harder. ;-)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)