New to the hobby

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hey dont give up yet, try pulling up, or pushing down on the dish when you are on a weaker channel,see if you can get any improvement in picture quality. Preferably, one on either end of the arc (that you're getting channels on) If you can tell which way the dish needs adjusting by doing that, maybe we can help you find the proper adjustment to your motor, bracket, or pole. The pole the dish is on has be as vertical/plumb as you can get it for the motor to track properly.

Quote-
I was looking at getting an lnb that would allow me to get circular signals as well (Nasa in particular). Is there one I can get that would possibly improve my ability to pick up signals?

QPH-031 by Invacom is popular.

Turbosat is correct you need to peak your dish for max signals on AMC3 and G18.

More signal usually requires bigger dish.

The primestar / Channel Master dishes are an exception to that rule ... but I have not found any documentation on HOW they work, but, who cares! They work FINE!

The elliptical Primestar dishes (such as the 84E) are designed to function as wide dishes in order to cut down on adjacent satellite interference.

Prime focus dishes (such as BUDs) are perfectly round, since the signal comes from directly in front of the dish and bounces from the center.

O.k. I made more progress today. Before I could barely get BYU at all. When I did get it it wasn't a good signal and would break up very easily. I noticed today that when I tugged on the top of the dish my signal would go from the 60's to the 80's. At first I thought it was an elevation issue but changing the elevation of the dish didn't help much. Finally I realized it was the shape of the dish that was the issue. I had to give the dish a good, firm tug and finally, I could get a good signal! Whew, this FTA is a lot of work, but it makes me appreciate it even more (that's what I tell myself anyhow :) )

When you gave the dish a tug, was there a "pop" and the dish popped into shape? If so, it was "clamshelled", which is common for the stamped metal dishes. If you lay the dish down on a totally flat surface, the entire rim of the dish should touch the flat surface, with no wobble.

Glad you got it worked into shape! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts