New to the whole DTV thing... A few questions.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sieeegel

Original poster
Apr 8, 2008
Hello all,
I have been a cable customer for the last decade or so and have had just about enough of the horrible customer service and terrible HD selection. I have a few questions about DTV.

1) I live in Chicago, yet am a HUGE ny mets fan. DTV carries SNY, however, is this purely a local channel on DTV only available to NY metro customers, or for a price, can it be viewed nationally.

2) I hear a lot about Directv using "HD Lite." How is the HD quality compared to cable?

I am sure I will have more questions as the days go by. Thanks in advance!

For SNY you can get the channel by adding the reginonal sports channels package, price depends on how many other movie channel packages you have. It will NOT show you any profession sports programming such as Mets games, to see that you need to MLB Extra Innings package which gets you most MLB games, and if you want them in HD you need the extra Superfan option.

HD-Lite (aka downrezzing programming) is something that D* is doing on the old HD channels which are in MPEG2 (HBO/Showtime/ESPN/ESPN2/UHD/DHDT/HDNet/HDNetMovies), the new channels aren't . Some people say they can't tell a difference while others say those folks are blind and it looks like SD. Thing is Dish also does this and there's even reports now that Comcast on some systems are starting to do this. It's rumored that once the next satellite goes operational D* will start to migrate/mirror those old channels to MPEG4 and go back to full rez.

yes blackout question

I am installing dtv this weekend, could somebody tell if I will in a blackout area? I live near Boston and someone from dtv told me if I had the premium package that has the Yes network that I would receive Yankee games, thanks in advanced.

I am installing dtv this weekend, could somebody tell if I will in a blackout area? I live near Boston and someone from dtv told me if I had the premium package that has the Yes network that I would receive Yankee games, thanks in advanced.

Put in your zip code at Local Regional Sports Network Information and it will tell you what RSN's you get and what teams will be shown on that RSN.

Status
Please reply by conversation.