New to Voom with ???

jtomshd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 9, 2004
Kennesaw, GA
I am new to V* and to this forum. I had my install done on June 4th. My experience was good with one exception of being delayed a week because installs inc sent an email with the wrong information and did not send any information to my local installer.

My question is in regards to the software update. I have read on this forum I must turn the box off at night to let the download occur but the little green sattelite must be on. How do I turn the box off and leave the green satellite on? Is there a standby function? If so, how do I access this?

I am very inpressed with V* HD choices. Much better than Comcast. I have canceled my subscription to Comcast and am keeping V* as my only provider.

Any help will be great!
Jason - VaVaVooming in Atlanta.

"Standby" is what most people would refer to as "off." Just turn it off using the remote control. The green light does NOT stay on -- the receiver will be completely dark when it is in standby mode. If the green sat dish icon is on, you are not in standby mode.
When the update comes through, the receiver somehow turns itself on and displays weird things. If you turn on the TV at this time, you will see strings of numbers being displayed. Don't interfere with it when its doing this, just leave it alone, and when its done (about 10 or 15 minutes) it will reboot itself, and go back into standby mode.

jtomshd said:
My question is in regards to the software update. I have read on this forum I must turn the box off at night to let the download occur but the little green satellite must be on. How do I turn the box off and leave the green satellite on? Is there a standby function? If so, how do I access this?
Welcome aboard!

Just press the On/Off button on your remote and it will go to stand-by. And no, the green satellite icon does not stay on. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts