Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
WION Radio has been a hidden treasure for the residents of Ionia County, Michigan for 60 years! And now WION is available online around the world for people everywhere to enjoy via the new WION Internet Stream!

Many SatelliteGuys members may have never heard WION before and are new to WION. If you are one of these folks we invite you to tune into WION and then let us know what you think of America's Biggest Little Radio Station, WION!

Thanks! We're putting together a map of listeners on the web for fun, and you're first! (after Scott, of course.)
Hope you enjoy! Weekend features are fun, Garry Osborn afternoons, and we're here to answer questions!

Does anyone know what URL I can use to enter directly into my media player? I would prefer that to using the flash player on the website. Thanks.

Hey John, great question! I prefer to do that also. I keep my shortcut right on my desktop. You can grab a shortcut from the WION Listen page. We have 5 different formats there for the 2 streams. 128k and 48k. I think you will find one of them works for you.

Windows Media Player is not as easy. You'll have to add an AAC codec for that. Microsoft still has delusions that people will choose their WMP format for music instead of AAC, and that people will choose their DOC format for documents instead of PDF. *shrug*

The stream itself is at:

s2.viastreaming.net:6320 for 128k and
s2.viastreaming.net:6345 for 48k

I hope this helps. To avoid dealing with codecs, you can use VLC player, Winamp or Foobar2000 to name just a few of the great alternatives to Windows Media Player.

Scott

I grew up listening to WION AM living near Ionia & Muir. I have to say right here, 1430 has never sounded better than it does now! I've been waiting for online streaming. I live in Cincinnati (since 1976). I guess it took awhile for the station to become what it is today. Ionia should be proud of this innovative station and it's unique (non-corporate ie:Clear Channel) programming and music mix. It stands out as a rare example of truly unique entertainment. This former Ionia County resident is proud of I-1430. If you haven't done it yet, download the app for your smartphone. I got the Android App the 2nd day of streaming. It works great and lets me check in anytime 24/7. I'm a late night person and I've been amazed at the rare oldies that pop up overnight.

Like I said, it took awhile, but, congratulations on doing it right! Keep up the good work.

This is Ron, and I'm listening in SW OHIO - Cincinnati/Westwood

Ron, thanks so much for the kind words. We never know with today's technology where people will listen, and Ionia County "alumni" are always welcome here! We're the 4th in a series of owners, bought the station in 2004 when it was "off the air" and gave it the new image, it's first website, and the new style of programming. We're also the longest of the owners, except for the original McPherson family which started the station. We're glad you like "today's WION" and please share us with others! Chances are, we're a bit different than anything in the "big city!"

If you're ever back our way, call ahead and we'll give you the tour of "today's" WION!

And, thanks for joining the forum, hosted by Satelliteguys.us!

Jim Carlyle, Morning host and Owner,
WION

Cool Ron, thanks for Checking in!

I like WION for all those reasons you mentioned! It is SO UNIQUE, unlike any radio station I have ever heard anywhere else! And the muisc is so different then whats playing on any other station, from the 60's to today... you never know what you are going to hear played next on WION. That keeps me tuning in around the clock! I never get bored with the music on WION!

Welcome to SatelliteGuys, we hope you will register and pop in often! And make sure to tell a friend about the new WION. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts