New Toy

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
Still hard to believe this was only $10!
First photo is the Raspberry Pi Zero-W.
The next is all three iterations side by side.
First two were only $5 a piece.
IMG_20170309_091419825_HDR.jpeg

zero_all#.jpg

Sent from my Moto X

Well hang on....OKAY FIRST POST FIXED.

Does 10 dollars include power supply and dongle to connect HDMI? I've always wanted to get a RPi. What OS do you plan on loading and do you have to pay for any decoder licensing?

No $10 is just the board. The adapters are a little more. I know it takes more than this to get it up and running but still amazing with on board WiFi and Bluetooth....and $10.
You can get power supplies all day for around 10 bucks. This is the kit I ordered.
OS depends on the project, not sure what I will go with on this one.
Rasbian a version of Debian is a good one to start with. It is tailored for the Pi, you can put others on as well.
Microsoft even has a stripped down version of Windows 10 for it(be warned though it is not like reg win10 with a GUI).
No licensing for anything personal and experimenting.

i use to work on electronics and well, you would be lol if you knew that your board that you buy for 100 dollars costs less then $20 dollars to make! hehe

That's wild.

Build anything yet?

That's wild.

Build anything yet?
No too many projects ahead of it right now.
Currently working on a Display and extras for a 40/20 Meter HF rig, an Antenna Analyzer, a wall clock for the wife, and redesigning one of my DiSEqC circuits.

Reactions: wallyhts
I've been using a Pi 3 to handle all my USB tuners lately. A little getting used to the kernel building procedures for the platform but no huge deal. Plugged it into my Kill-a-watt and while tuning/streaming a 4K channel plus compiling a kernel at the same time, it still only pulls 6W.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts