New TV purchase, is it an upgrade?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

duckydan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Me and my fiance just purchased a Sony 55" Grand Wega (KDF55E2000). It supports 1080i but has a native resolution of 1280x720. We were at a few stores and the picture looks unbelievable especially for what we paid but my only concern is right now I have a 1080i tv (with no 720p support.) My current tv is a 42" Mitsubishi RPT which supports 480i, 480p, and 1080i. The new tv supports 1080i but it downconverts it to 1280x820. Is this an upgrade or am I going backwards?

Don't know its being delivered on wednesday but I figured I would ask an opinion before it arrived. In the store it looked incredible next to a mitsu 1080p unit but I also know that what you see in the store isn't always what you get at home. The picture definately looked sharper but I'm used to looking at E* HDTV and upconverted dvds so what they had running is probably better than what I'm seeing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)