New Type DP500+ LNB vs old 500+ lnb w/DPP44

chiodo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 17, 2005
Pacific NW
Curious question if anybody knows.

I know the DPP44 switch with power supply uses 24 watts of power from the electrical outlet.

I could use 24 watts less on that circuit and use it for other devices.

I have a 1000+ dish connected to the switch for currently 2 VIP receivers, I maybe adding a 3rd later on.

I recently bought a brand new 500+ lnb with the built in switch that's for 110/118/119 for really cheap, I couldn't resist buying it for the super low price
I paid. So I originally purchased this lnb, in the event that if my current lnb, DPP44 switch or the power supply were to quit, I could easily solve
any one of the 3 failures, by simply using this new lnb on my 1000+ dish.
I know for 129 a separate DP lnb is needed and that would plug into the input of the new 500+ lnb.

But now I'm thinking I could use the less power on that electrical circuit the DPP44 power supply is using and swap lnb's now, but will my 722k (Main receiver)
power supply be more stressed powering the new lnb compared to the DPP44 that is already powered? (722k operates perfectly for 2+yrs)
Is there any (dis)advantage to using the new lnb?

Other than if it ain't broke don't fix it!

722's have been powering 1000.x dishes for years without problem, so I think you should go ahead and do it.

I changed the lnb today and disconnected my DPP44 switch, lnb works great and it actually improved my 110 signal by 10 points.

I found it on ebay for $30 inc shipping. he only had the one. It was brand new in box.

When I took the old one off I couldn't believe how much water poured out of the housing of the old 119/118 lnb.
I think because on the new lnb the feed horn is oval shaped for 110 also, maybe this improves signal on an oval dish.

The only other thing is I get a splt second signal drop with this lnb, where the screen will flash complete signal loss for a second
then goes back to normal. I have a 722k directly connected to port 1 and a 211k on port 2. I may replace the cable from the 722k.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts