Status
Please reply by conversation.

kodaz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 22, 2010
North East PA
i was foraging the blacktop jungle, and discovered this hidden in the open!!
it measures about 9 ft wide and is galvanized steel solid. it didnt even try to run away so i bagged it and brought it home to graze with some of its pals in my back yard. (translation - guy gave it away)

I cant seem to find any conclusive model marks on it. (imar?) the actuator seems to have the word Warner on it .
its a little heavy and trying to hold it by the rim resulted in bending the outer edge slightly.
anybody have any ideas on who makes it? if i get desperate enough, i may try that phone number on it.

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 300
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 339
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 311
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 315
i called the number, got a lady with a really nice sexy voice telling me she did not know anything about a dish, lol!!
probably thought i was a weirdo, well, my wife would probably agree...
i have done searches for galv dishes, but come up dry.

kodaz said:
i called the number, got a lady with a really nice sexy voice telling me she did not know anything about a dish, lol!!
probably thought i was a weirdo, well, my wife would probably agree...
i have done searches for galv dishes, but come up dry.

:D Trololol

Sent from my fingers.

I posted a pic of one like that several years ago. It was identified as Laux Beta 9 with a Seavey feed.

did you like the dish?
i have not set it up yet, but i am going to play with it some.

heh, i just did a search on it, no wonder it was hard to lift by myself, it weighs 300 lbs !!!:eek:
i had to get a buddy to help me get it in the truck.

Last edited:
That feed looks like a Seavey. If you are lucky, it is an ortho. The Seavey orthos are almost as good as an older ADL.

The dish I know of was the first C band dish I remember seeing and sits on a NPRM on the ground. Several years ago I was in the area near where I used to live and checked on it to find trees grown up around it, abandoned. The home nearest on a private road looks like something from the Hoarders TV show and doesn't appear lived in, with no trespassing signs posted. The dish itself is on railroad property by the look of it's location only about 20' from the tracks at the bottom of a wooded hill in a stream bed.

I thought about inquiring with the neighbors but after thinking removal would be unreasonably difficult with no access and would require disassembly on site and carry out along the tracks. Easier dishes came along for me.

That feed looks like a Seavey. If you are lucky, it is an ortho. The Seavey orthos are almost as good as an older ADL.

would there be a problem with using a modern LNB?
i use bandstacked for all others...

If you want to use a modern Lnbf, it should fit in the scalar, but some modification may ne necessary. If you are talking lnb, then they should bolt right on to the feed.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair using SatelliteGuys

I am setting up my Laux Beta 9. This is what i have so far. The jhook came loose in transport and i lost the original Focus distance.
The Seavey lnb was toasted. completly shot. I modded that 4 ring scalar for one of my eagle aspen bandstacked lnbs.
According to my measurements for F - the C=22.25" , the D= 9' or 108" and the calculation yields aprox 32.75" as the F.
I set the scalar there for now.
Am i missing anything? I hear this dish has some quirks. That maybe the modern Lnb i stuck in there will not be as effective as that seavey.
Thanks

Last edited:
yep.. that looks just like my beasty 9 foot laux beta.... although the mount looks smaller... I was told by the original owner its from 1986

I like it.. I get in just about anything I try for.. I have a modern lnbf on it (c and ku)

would you be able to measure from the scalar to the dish? i am curious if i am in the zone for the focal distance?
thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)