New uplink: HBO and Cinemax back in testing on Dish! (6 Viewers)

crodrules

Your Happy Guru
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 14, 2014
North Central Ohio
Of note, many of the channels that were previously carried are not included at all in this uplink, such as:
HBO2W HBO 2 West
HBOCY HBO Comedy
HBOZ HBO Zone
MAX-W Cinemax West
ACMAX Action Max
MAX-L MaxLatino

Additionally, some of the channels that are uplinked are SVOD (streaming) only.

There are no satellite-delivered SD feeds in testing, so those on Western Arc with really old SD-only receivers will remain out of luck.

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
I guess it is no surprise that dbstalk scooped SatelliteGuys on this news, since James Long is the one who posts the uplink reports. Still, that was many hours ago, and there was still no thread here by the time I posted this one. I guess no one else here reads the uplink reports anymore?
So I don't see channel 310 in my guide yet. I will see if I can get the guide to update.

crodrules

Your Happy Guru
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 14, 2014
North Central Ohio
So I don't see channel 310 in my guide yet. I will see if I can get the guide to update.
Besides being "Available (Limited)" (meaning still in testing, and not available to regular subscribers) all of these feeds are still Hidden unless you subscribe to them (which you obviously can't do yet). Channel 307 was the one that was not Hidden, but Dish fixed that in a later uplink:
Other Changes
307 MAX 110° TP 19 HD Hidden – Hidden flag added. (was HD)
307 MAX 61.5° TP 13 HD Hidden – Hidden flag added. (was HD)

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
Besides being "Available (Limited)" (meaning still in testing, and not available to regular subscribers) all of these feeds are still Hidden unless you subscribe to them (which you obviously can't do yet). Channel 307 was the one that was not Hidden, but Dish fixed that in a later uplink:
Other Changes
307 MAX 110° TP 19 HD Hidden – Hidden flag added. (was HD)
307 MAX 61.5° TP 13 HD Hidden – Hidden flag added. (was HD)
OK. I have my spare Hopper 3 guide downloading now. You never know.

Reactions: crodrules

Bobby

Publican
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
Guide download complete. No channel 307 and 310. How long do you think the channels will be hidden. Wonder what's going on? You think we will get HBO back for good?
They are going to be hidden until you can subscribe to them when they open that up. Who knows when that might happen.

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
They are going to be hidden until you can subscribe to them when they open that up. Who knows when that might happen.
OK. Maybe Charlie is getting someplace with AT&T. This was exciting. I'm calmed down now, heading to bed. Thanks for what you do. Good Nite.

Reactions: crodrules

crodrules

Your Happy Guru
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 14, 2014
North Central Ohio
Guide download complete. No channel 307 and 310. How long do you think the channels will be hidden. Wonder what's going on? You think we will get HBO back for good?
Personally, I would only get it during free previews, since Dish will not allow any add-ons at all with my Locals Only core package. Now, if Dish would remove that restriction, then it might be a different story. :)

The other thing to consider is that HBO had previously been demanding that Dish pay for a minimum number of subscribers. So, I have to wonder if Dish finally agreed to those terms. If so, Dish might as well go ahead and deliver HBO to as many subscribers as possible for no additional cost, since Dish would be paying HBO for our service whether we actually subscribe or not. ;)

ekilgus

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 22, 2007
Southeast US
I wonder why all of the HBO/Cinemax Dish previously had wouldn't be restored?

Usually when lengthy outages are resolved some sort of additional perk is included.

Users who are viewing this thread