New uplink: HBO and Cinemax back in testing on Dish! (31 Viewers)

crodrules

Your Happy Guru
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 14, 2014
North Central Ohio
Is it just me or is this probably the most interesting thing that's happened on this forum in quite a while? Kind of like 10-15 years ago when we all looked to see what channel will be added next.
It just goes to prove - if you want interesting Dish news, then be sure to read every thread I start in this forum.

Crodrules - Always reporting the most interesting* Dish news!
*interesting to someone, anyway ;)

As always, Your Happy Guru

cosmo_kramer

Master of my Domain
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2005
41.605N, -72.879W
Is it just me or is this probably the most interesting thing that's happened on this forum in quite a while? Kind of like 10-15 years ago when we all looked to see what channel will be added next.
I would agree if this was new programming never seen before on Dish. Just getting back premium channels that were taken from us is indeed good news, but not that exciting.

I get HBO Max included in my Amazon Prime membership, so I'm all set there, for now.....

Yespage

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Ohio
Wonder how the Discovery deal will affect people with att cell phones that get HBO Max for free

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

If AT&T’s track record holds, it’ll be disappointing. I have it through the Gigabit Internet and am interested too.

ekilgus

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 22, 2007
Southeast US
I would agree if this was new programming never seen before on Dish. Just getting back premium channels that were taken from us is indeed good news, but not that exciting.

I get HBO Max included in my Amazon Prime membership, so I'm all set there, for now.....
I don't think you get HBO MAX included in your Prime membership. It's just a passthrough and you still have to pay for HBO MAX after the free trial.

cosmo_kramer

Master of my Domain
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2005
41.605N, -72.879W
I don't think you get HBO MAX included in your Prime membership. It's just a passthrough and you still have to pay for HBO MAX after the free trial.

Starting Nov. 17, current subscribers of HBO through Amazon’s Prime Video Channels will be able to log in to the HBO Max app with their Amazon credentials — at no additional cost. Earlier this year, Amazon said it had nearly 5 million HBO subscribers through Prime Video Channels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
Starting Nov. 17, current subscribers of HBO through Amazon’s Prime Video Channels will be able to log in to the HBO Max app with their Amazon credentials — at no additional cost.
Just for clarity, that was Nov 17 of last year. Thanks Cosmo. I did not know this.

Reactions: cosmo_kramer

crodrules

Your Happy Guru
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 14, 2014
North Central Ohio
HBO Max has added a lot of new programming that was never available on HBO the last time Dish had it. I am looking forward to watching all of the DC Universe streaming series.

JosephB

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 21, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
One thought I had about the return of HBO/Cinemax and why it might be happening is that since AT&T sold that 30% stake in Direct to TPG who is in effect now running things, perhaps they're not as obstinate as AT&T was and want to maximize revenue through increasing the availability HBO/Cinemax by cutting a deal to return it to Dish.
The DirecTV transaction has not closed, so AT&T is still in complete ownership and control of DirecTV. It also only included DirectTV, AT&T TV/TV Now, and the TV service part of U-verse. It did not include any channels or content

Yespage

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Ohio
Starting Nov. 17, current subscribers of HBO through Amazon’s Prime Video Channels will be able to log in to the HBO Max app with their Amazon credentials — at no additional cost. Earlier this year, Amazon said it had nearly 5 million HBO subscribers through Prime Video Channels.

I read that as subs to HBO through Amazon could portal to HBO Max through Amazon. There is nothing there about Amazon Prime itself, just its channels.

reubenray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 30, 2018
Bella Vista, Arkansas

I just checked my Amazon Prime account and I see nothing about HBO Max at all.

Reactions: joewhite57

Users who are viewing this thread