New User - Install tomorrow!! Anything special do make sure I do with the installer?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Man, I should be happy, cause in Southeast Virginia where I am, when the installer hooked me up signal was 98-99 and a few 100s on some of the transponders. When they hooked me up last month it was a crystal clear and cold day. Very dry, no moisture at all. Maybe that was the reason for the great signal.

Also, I love the techs and their ability to climb ladders. I have mine on the roof of my 2 story house, the back yard slopes away from the house, 9ft ceilings too so the corner where the dish is located is 25 feet above the ground when the ladder is the proper distance from the house. I have a 24 ft ladder that doesn't reach. This guy put the ladder right on the corner of the roof (the angle of the ladder looked far too steep as well), the corner was through the rungs!!, he picked up the dish, threw it over his shoulder, had his toolbelt on and another bracket in his other hand. He WALKED up the ladder without HOLDING ON!!! I was very impressed. I had DirecTV from 2003-20010, switched to cable to get a better deal that DTV could give me at the time. DTV wanted me to pay for HD DVR, even after being a customer for 7 years so I called their bluff, got the same price cable for 2 years. When it was installed in 2003 the techs weren't that great. Tried to have me install the dish on a pole in the front yard (at an extra cost, so they said) and really gave me a hard time about putting it on the roof. They didn't tighten the dish well when they aligned it, I know that because 6 weeks after I installed it we had a strong tropical storm blow through and the winds threw the alignment off so I couldn't get local channels, I had the service contract and when I local tech came to realign, he said it was very loose and the install techs didn't do a good job. The guy that installed it last month was great, fast, friendly, walked me through everything, didn't blink an eye when he had to replace the previous dish on the roof. So good I even gave him a tip (even though you really don't have to). Great experience and service I'd say.
Hooking the corner of the roof is just one way to safely use a ladder. I also carried a ladder stablizer with me. That item is a time/life saver...Did the same thing tho.. Assembled dish, threw it over my shoulder,tool belt strapped on, mast in other had with cordless drill and up I went. Oh, I would tie the coax cable to my tool belt as well. One trip up the ladder.

Man, I should be happy, cause in Southeast Virginia where I am, when the installer hooked me up signal was 98-99 and a few 100s on some of the transponders. When they hooked me up last month it was a crystal clear and cold day. Very dry, no moisture at all. Maybe that was the reason for the great signal.

Also, I love the techs and their ability to climb ladders. I have mine on the roof of my 2 story house, the back yard slopes away from the house, 9ft ceilings too so the corner where the dish is located is 25 feet above the ground when the ladder is the proper distance from the house. I have a 24 ft ladder that doesn't reach. This guy put the ladder right on the corner of the roof (the angle of the ladder looked far too steep as well), the corner was through the rungs!!, he picked up the dish, threw it over his shoulder, had his toolbelt on and another bracket in his other hand. He WALKED up the ladder without HOLDING ON!!! I was very impressed. I had DirecTV from 2003-20010, switched to cable to get a better deal that DTV could give me at the time. DTV wanted me to pay for HD DVR, even after being a customer for 7 years so I called their bluff, got the same price cable for 2 years. When it was installed in 2003 the techs weren't that great. Tried to have me install the dish on a pole in the front yard (at an extra cost, so they said) and really gave me a hard time about putting it on the roof. They didn't tighten the dish well when they aligned it, I know that because 6 weeks after I installed it we had a strong tropical storm blow through and the winds threw the alignment off so I couldn't get local channels, I had the service contract and when I local tech came to realign, he said it was very loose and the install techs didn't do a good job. The guy that installed it last month was great, fast, friendly, walked me through everything, didn't blink an eye when he had to replace the previous dish on the roof. So good I even gave him a tip (even though you really don't have to). Great experience and service I'd say.

Couple other things. They say the max safe angle for a ladder is 75*. So it may look too straight up, but it isn't.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts