New VIP 699 Receiver Info

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tony Trent

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2003
I can't believe I got the scoop on this before Scott did. I have a relative that works for Dish and he let slip that Dish has a new receiver model VIP 699. I made him spill the beans about it and promised not to tell anyone. Of course the first thing I did was rush and post it all here for you guys. The VIP 699 receiver will have a bigger Hard Drive, more RAM and ROM, but the EXCITING thing is it will have a built-in HD-DVD BURNER! I love this. Dish plans to swap all VIP 622 receivers for VIP 699 receivers some time this summer. The only caveat is, and this may be a problem for some people, the HD-DVD burner will only function on April 1st of every year. The rest of the year it will be locked and unavailable. You will have to prepare yourself to stay awake for 24 hours straight to dub all your favorite HD shows to HD-DVD.

yea that sounds really good and all.A larger hard drive is a great addition.But the thing about this hd dvd burner is kinda crazy, if true.Thats going to make alot of people mad.I mean thats like me have a bass boat sitting in my yard and no keys to the boat and no trailer hitch and then someone coming to me one day out of the year and saying, "Heres the keys,and trailer hitch .Have fun":p //////

Yeah really and HD DVD is falling behind Blu-Ray and Blu-Ray is much better and more Hardware vendors are pushing Blu-Ray. Which the biggest factor is the movie industry and now their favoring Blu-Ray. So if Dish did something like this it would be in Blu-Ray since it will most likely the next format.

It will not happen - HD DVD will prevail soon, trust me, just see what Dish already took in their future DVR+HD DVD Combo !
13 millions households - Blu_Ray wouldn't survive after that attack.

Does anyone get any excitement out of lame April 1st posts? I try to avoid the internet as much as possible on April 1st because everyone thinks they are a joker and are OBLIGATED to try and fool someone!

LAME make it stop!

Just in:

Dish Networks latest channel added to its standard HDTV package will be "Spice High Definition", available previously only as a pay-per-view service. Due to its adult nature, current and new HDTV package subscribers will be required to fill out extra forms acknowledging this change and with the understanding that if customers do not want family members to view it then they must block it themselves. In addition, the HDTV monthly price will be increased by $5.00, including for those customers that choose to block it. However because of limited capacity Dish also announced that it will no longer carry both the HD Food Network and Gameplay HD.

Yes its another very lame April Fools joke to add to an already long list. Its too bad though. Sounds like a great trade off to me and I'd pay the extra 5 bucks to get it all month. :p

Does anyone get any excitement out of lame April 1st posts? I try to avoid the internet as much as possible on April 1st because everyone thinks they are a joker and are OBLIGATED to try and fool someone!

LAME make it stop!

Every year I find it more and more annoying.

I cannot afford to waste my time on this sort of dribble.

U should've known from the Title it was an AFJ....even if you mouse over the topic in the forum it give u the first line of the post.

I can't believe I got the scoop on this before Scott did.

I mean really....who gets the scoop before Scott.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)