New VIP622 Need Help!!

jenec2000

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
Helena, Georgia
Hi!
My first post. I have had a 501 RX with a Dish 500 for 4 years. No problems.
On the 10th of July Dish installed a VIP622 and a Dish 1000. Bad news. There coming out Sunday for the thrid time. I've had low sig level on 129 like 47 to 60. Since the second trip even 110 is low like 56 signal level also 119 is 85 at the highest. I think the DP plus could be bad. If they don't fix it Sunday I'll do it myself. Maybe put up separate Dish 500 for 129. Can I just connect the 500 output to the single 129 LNB input on the DP plus where the single 129 connects???
:mad:

I'm surprised no one responded to you yet.

Before I give you my opinion, here's a Dish link with info on the Dish 1000, as well as the Dish 1000+. If it does not go directly to it, there is a menu on the left side for pictures and general description.
http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/techequiDish-1000.shtml

The Dish 1000 has a DishPro Plus Twin LNBF which has an extra connection that the DishPro Dual LNBF (used for 129) connects to. Yes you could disconnect this LNBF from the twin, and then connect a cable from a separate dish antenna to it.

Although the Dish 1000 should be able to be peaked to provide a suitable signal for all 3 birds, there are a lot of opinions with that, especially in certain parts of the country. So, if the tech can not fix it the next go round, and you go with a second dish, maybe he should do that for you. If you go that route, here's some info.

1. You should re-peak the Dish 1000 for maximum signal for the sats at 119 and 110.

2. For the Dish 500 for the sat at 129.

...(a) If you still have the old Dish 500, I would just use it. You have three choices here.
........(1) Use the original DishPro Twin, but cover one side with foil or something;
........(2) Remove the original DishPro Twin, and use the DP Dual LNBF from the 1000 on either the 110 or 119 slot, or buy another one for about $25 - $40;
........(3) Remove the Y-bracket and replace with a I-Bracket ($5), and install a DP Dual LNBF, the preferred choice.
...(b) Then peak the Dish 500.
...(c) Sit back and enjoy HD.

Last edited:
jenec2000 said:
The 119/110 LNB is DishPro not DishProPlus.

If you decide to use 2 dish 500, then what tnsprin and garys are both saying is....
For the 500 being used for 119/110, replace the DP Twin LNBF with the DP Plus Twin LNBF from the Dish 1000 since you are not using it.

I think the only bracket available for the Dish 1000 is the W-Bracket; no Y-Bracket and no I-Bracket.

However, if you are thinking of using the Dish 1000 with the DPP Twin LNBF just to receive 110 and 119, then I think you'll be able to peak it with the W-Bracket as good as peaking a Dish 500 with Y-Bracket. And even without adjusting the skew from the normal setup. (Although I think the skew would slightly change when going from 110-129 to 110-119, it shouldn't be enough to worry about.)

If you are looking at removing the DP Dual LNBF from the 1000, then you may want to just tape over the hole.

Last edited:
Ok Dish came out Sunday July 23rd, 3rd time. Two techs showed up and did a better job aiming dish. 129 sat still only 60 max on Tp 3 and 22. Put up second dish 500 after they left.
Now I get 80 on sat 129 weakest TP's. Ordered I-Bracket for single LNB. Hope to get a little more signal. All channels fine now.
Thanks to all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)