new voom message on the screen now

shaun-ohio

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2004
ohio
says: VOOM CHANNELS LIVE ON , starting may 1st 2005 , dishnetwork is going to be carrying 10 of the channels, and the rest of them in the near future, says for all voom customers to call 1-800-969-HDTV today, to find out about the current offer for voom customers

i might add to this i called the number and he told me to call back on may 1st for current voom customers for the current offer for dishnetwork, he wouldnt give me any details or nothing till may 1st

I just talked to them too and the May 1 offer they mentioned was:

$24.99 for 180SD + 16HD channels for the first 3 months

going to $67.98 after that...

A 942 HDDVR adds $250 upfront and $4.98/month

Same here

I am getting installed on 4/30/05 and when I originally signed up for dish. I said that I was a voom customer and they did not have a deal for voom customers............SCOTTTTTTT if you are listening do you think that they will honor it? as in give me the deal on may 1st for voom customers?
and I was told the same thing call back may 1st the # they gave me was 1-800-wow-hdtv

E* CSR said I was his first VOOM cutomer to call about this promotion. I am on hold while he looks up the promotion details...

Waited 5 minutes......finally, CSR tells me to call the special 1-800-WOW-HDTV...which is the number I just called...placed back on hold for 4 minutes....CSR tells me to call that number anytime starting on Sunday and there will be a Special Promo Team there to answer calls and provide info.

Ugh! Anyway, he couldn't answer any questions pertaining to any hardware offers (I NEED 3 HD RECEIVERS), but he did say the HD Pack was $9.99 per month and that the VOOM HD Pack was $5.00 extra per month..

WHAT? Can anyone Verify this???

riffjim4069 said:
VOOM HD Pack was $5.00 extra per month..
can anyone Verify this???
That's what I was told too...
The May 1 promotion is actually $19.99 + $5 (VOOM).

I also was asked to call back on Sunday.

I read on this forum that you could subscribe to HD only through dish - my CSR said that they didn't do this. Does anyone out there subscribe to ONLY HD chanels through Dish? Were you an existing customer when you went to HD only?

Will this offer be honored for former E* subs or will be subjected to a $25 reactivation fee and pay full price for the receiver? I haven't had E* for 3 years.

And yes, I too want to know if you can only subscribe to the HD packages. I don't want any other packages.

Bryan27,

I called E*tonight and no deals for us. We cancelled them March 12 and will have to wait 6 months for the new subscriber deals.

COMCAST (HD) to be installed Saturday, we will wait until mid September and review our HDTV options. Possibly D* may have the best HD service by then.

I called E* this morning and there were no deals. As a former customer it was going to be $25 reactivation, 2 months package charges in advance, and had to buy HD receiver. Called back late afternoon and was told to call back on 5/1 for the VoOm deal. All the CSR would tell me is that there was equipment included...

Hum, well its been 3 years though since I had E*. I just don't know what to do. I want VOOM, but I don't want to grobble back to E*. Especially when I disconnected, the smart assed CSR chuckled and said "You'll be back." And that smug look Charlie always give makes me sick.

I'm wondering if I wait long enough if the VOOM21 will be transmitted to another satellite and that the package is offered like the channel packages are on C-Band. Since the VOOM STB uses DCII and the digital on C-Band subscriptions use the same perhaps we could use the VOOM STB to subscribe to them directly for Rainbow.

I think there are too many open questions to jump at the first opportunity. What if I order E* now (which I know I'm not happy with) and a month later the channels show up for subscription directly from KU-FSS.

New Number New Deal????

Just called the 800-969-HDTV number and the CSR said call back Sunday for the special Voomer deal. The new number will be 800-WOW-HDTV.

Every moment I get less wowed and ready for Steve Jobs vision for HD.

At the very least this 2 month process has definitely given me a great sense of closure for Voom.

gross67 said:
I also was asked to call back on Sunday.

I read on this forum that you could subscribe to HD only through dish - my CSR said that they didn't do this. Does anyone out there subscribe to ONLY HD chanels through Dish? Were you an existing customer when you went to HD only?
I am an X Dish SD subscriber and have had the HD Pack only for the last 1 1/2 years.

David D. said:
Bryan27,

I called E*tonight and no deals for us. We cancelled them March 12 and will have to wait 6 months for the new subscriber deals.

what if you put it in somelses name? like your wifes maiden name, so this way the last names dont match. she could say she just moved in, i doubt they would stop her from getting any promos :)

I was getting excited about the ability to continue to receive Voom programming...but...as a former Dish subscriber for 8 years...I'm slowly getting over that excitement and leaning towards Cox Cable. Dish wants a 2 year comittment for the priveledge of leasing their standard 811 HD receiver. At least with Cable, I have the option to switch to another provider (Like DirecTv..as I read in the DirecTv forum that they may have some exciting HD announcements coming) without penalty.

Personally, I find Dish to be a sleazy company with very poor customer service, substandard equipment and their equipment programs are generally not customer friendly.

Before committing to anything with Dish, I'd like to know in certain terms what picture and audio quality is going to be like.

Since they're making you commit for a year, your best bet might be to wait till the transfer and see what happens to the signal.

DarrellP has always talked about E having good quality on some channels like HDNET

On prior post/questions.

I also had a-la-carte programming with only HD package (and superstations, too at one point). That's what I'm doing, as I have to use cable "locals" package for local network HD. D* does not have ANY a-la-carte options.

And, when I left E* 18-24 months ago, they had pretty bad SD quality, but their HD was better than anybody, cable or satellite. At least that was my last experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts