New Wireless Joey Info!!!

I think you do . . . . you just are not allowed to say . . .

You are out and out calling him a liar. Not nice. What Ray said was "We do not have any information" and I'm sure he meant what he said. Ray can't see anything the computer doesn't have in it, and if Dish hasn't sent out a news flash yet, very few know what is really going to happen.

You are out and out calling him a liar. Not nice. What Ray said was "We do not have any information" and I'm sure he meant what he said. Ray can't see anything the computer doesn't have in it, and if Dish hasn't sent out a news flash yet, very few know what is really going to happen.

Did you get your morning coffee? Are you Ray's mom? Relax. I was joking.

I'm sure Ray appreciates you playing defense on his behalf, however.

So... How about that new wireless Joey? ;)

Back on topic... I wonder what the Access Point/Client switch is for?

Looks like in the new software update (supposedly rolling out today or thereabouts) will also show HICs in the Whole-Home menu.

Guess you have too much going on. My HIC has always shown, but I have a much simpler setup.

The HIC itself works fine but I have never seen the HIC in the whole-home menu. All I see is the other Hoppers and Joey. My HIC is in reverse though so instead of providing Internet to the Hoppers, the main Ethernet-connected Hopper provides Internet access to my NAS.

What is your current SW vesion? I'm on S342.

I think you do . . . . you just are not allowed to say . . .

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here, but I do believe Ray. You've got to realize, Dish is a huge company, there are people who have a job function of managing the information flow through the company. The reality is, agents who deal with the public are often given the information closest to the rollout. No benefit in educating early, as agents may forget info given to them a month early and then not accessed for a month. While we know that DIRT is pretty awesome, and they presumably do get some info a little early on things, it's likely not that different than a phone CSR.

The PDF handout is a heck of a lot more than I knew, I can tell you. If I don't know, something, I'd say so here. If I do, and can't say, I won't lie, I just wouldn't answer the question. And again, that PDF is more than I knew. I can understand that, retailers and tech are going to need to be trained, and their training is going to be more detailed than what a CSR gets about this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)