New XM products? need info

adawhi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
Denver, Colorado
I am looking for some information on the new XM receiver that is coming out this fall. My understanding is that it is to compete with theh Sirius S50, but that is about all I know. They had information about it on their website immediately after CES, but I can't find it any more.

Anyone know how big of an upgrade it would be over the current portables? I understand it will have 50 hours of space (instead of 5) and be able to play mp3 / wma files. Anything else? Better reception? Significantly smaller? Allow time travel?

Thanks.

Your talking about the Inno and Helix. Well in comparing it to the S50 the inno and helix are portable meaning you can walk around with it and receive live xm. The S50 must be in the home or car dock to receive live signal and record. I can not find anywhere if the Inno and Helix have to be in the car or home kit to record or not.

As far as the Inno/Helix vs the old xm2go units. The new units are a lot smaller, have a color screen and the capacity to store 50 hour vs 5. They can also hold MP3s and WMA. It also has a feature here if you like a song you can tag it then purchase it from Napster.

There is a pretty good review of it here http://www.xm411.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=21584

There is also the Samsung Nexus. Which like the S50 does not receive live XM on the Go and requires a home or car kit to receive and record. There is also some info on it at the above link.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)