New York Locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Oilburner

Original poster
Sep 30, 2005
With the revamping of the way *d is showing it's locals, does anyone know if the New York area will be getting any additional channels? :confused:

Rockland County

Thanks

Depends on where in the NY Area. I, for example, should gain 2 channels from the Hartford/New Haven market, as I'm in Fairfield County, CT.

Post your county, and we can help some more...

Looked at the list posted in the other SV thread - nothing I see.

I wouldn't expect much in Rockland county - not really close to any other DMA's.

Thanx--How about that Huskie football team? What do they think they are the basketball team?

Huskie? We're not sponsored by Home Depot! :)

Seriously, though - we're going to another bowl game. WOOHOO

And as for basketball, watch out.

ernmiester said:
Ulster County about 50 miles South of Albany

In addition to the New York locals, WRGB (CBS 6), WTEN (ABC 10), and WXXA (Fox 23) are considered SV in Ulster County.

Other places in the NY market that have out-of-market locals on the SV list:

• Dutchess County -- WTEN (ABC 10) and WXXA (Fox 23)
  • Fairfield County -- WTNH (ABC 8) and WTXX (WB 20)
  • Hunterdon County -- KYW (CBS 3), WPVI (ABC 6), WCAU (NBC 10), WTXF (Fox 29), and WPSG (UPN 57)
  • Ocean County -- WPVI (ABC 6)
  • Pike County -- WNEP (ABC 16), WYOU (CBS 22), and WBRE (NBC 28)
  • eastern Suffolk County -- WFSB (CBS 3) and WTNH (ABC 8); plus WTXX (WB 20) and WVIT (NBC 30) in some towns
  • Warren County -- KYW (CBS 3), WPVI (ABC 6), WCAU (NBC 10), WFMX (Ind 69)

Also, while they're not part of the New York market, it's worth noting that Mercer County, NJ and most of New Haven County, CT seem to be big potential winners, having the Big 6 (2/4/5/7/9/11) on their SV lists in addition to their native locals.

However, there is still the open question of to what exent D* will be rolling out SV. For example, in E*'s implementation of SV in the Baltimore market, they don't seem to have been offering WDCA (UPN 20) which is on the SV list even up into Baltimore City.

Will theses Stations show up or do I have to do something to get them In Ulster County........Will my current dish work?
Thanks

If the memo is to be believed, then the only special equipment required to get the three Albany stations is a 3-satellite oval dish. If you have one of those, and if D* does roll out SV to the greatest extent possible, then those stations should Just Appear.

What we don't know is to what extent D* will be rolling out SV (is it everyplace, is it just selected markets, is it every station on the SV list or just a few, ....). Just because D* is now allowed to deliver those 3 stations to you, it doesn't mean they actually will.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)