New York Mets

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Ok. I do not see a thread about them. The Mets are weird team. They had a chance to put the division away but instead let teams like Atlanta and Philadelphia hang around. Last sunday the Mets were leading the division by 6 games... Today it is only 2 games after the 4 games sweep by Philadelphia. Now they are going to play the Braves for three games. You know how well they do against the Braves in Atlanta:D? [Sarcasm]... We may see a collapse by the weekend....

Right here. Fan of the Mets and Oakland A's. Wow, that series was TERRIBLE. SP was pretty good for the most part, but THE FREAKING BULLPEN has to screw everything up. I especially hate Heilman. I would never wish injury on a player, but I just would like to see him tear his rotator cuff, forcing somebody else to come in. He is not even Class A material. My hate for him is unbelieveable. Anyways, yes, we finally won a game in Atlanta. We need to have a huge run here. Mets need to crank it up like crazy and go into the postseason on fire.

Yep...I'm slowly coming back out of hiding after the Philly nightmare. Felt good to issue a pounding @ Turner last night, though. However throwing Pelfrey to the wolves today isnt exactly comforting. God I hope Pedro comes back strong on Monday...we need him badly. OTOH, If he isn't his old self or at least close, I hope we don't throw away 4 or 5 starts to figure it out...like we did last season before he finally left for surgery. Right now we can't afford to throw many away for anything if we are going to hold on to the postseason.

As to the bullpen, I generally agree on your assessment of Heliman. I remember last year and this getting ill hearing of all these supposed trades that were killed by the Mets being unwilling to trade Heilman and/or Milledge (whom I certainly don't see all the hype behind either). That stubbornness kept us from a World Series last year, and could ultimately do the same this year. Back to the bullpen...at the moment there isn't a pitcher in our bullpen that I put much confidence in...and yes...that includes Wagner. I don't think I've ever really warmed up to him.

EDIT: Gotta give props to Pelphrey and take back what I said...he tossed a gem out there today! Happy to see him get his first win!

Last edited:
2 in a row on Braves' turf for the Mets... That is News.. Kind of like it that the Mets woke up from their slumber. Philies lost...

Amazing after THAT AWFUL series in Philly, we go for the sweep at "Modesty Field"

Amazin, rather :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)