New York Yankees

sidekick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 17, 2005
Port Angeles, Washington
Taking a suggestion from the other Yankees post; here's a post where people can vent about the Yankees; good or bad. It looks like they're starting another streak tonight against the Mets. :)

Well, the Yankees beat the Mets. But, Rivera didn't look good at all. It took him 33 pitches to get out of the 9th inning and the mets pounded him for two runs before Beltran mercifully fouled out to the catcher to end the game. Rivera just isn't the "sure thing" he often was in the past.

Well, the Yankees beat the Mets. But, Rivera didn't look good at all. It took him 33 pitches to get out of the 9th inning and the mets pounded him for two runs before Beltran mercifully fouled out to the catcher to end the game. Rivera just isn't the "sure thing" he often was in the past.

True, he has lost something, but in his defense, those runs were scored on ground ball base hits. Nothing to worry about.

It looks like Igawa will be back... Cashman should be shot if this guy turns out to be another bust... aka Irabu. They won't need a fifth starter for one rotation and that is when Igawa will pitch.

It looks like Igawa will be back... Cashman should be shot if this guy turns out to be another bust... aka Irabu. They won't need a fifth starter for one rotation and that is when Igawa will pitch.

Like all the other Cashman guys, like Jaret Wright, or Randy Johnson....or Hideki Irabu.

Oh wait, none of those were Cashman's signings. Igawa is a 5th starter, you know how long it's been since the Yankees have had a servicable 5th man? I feel like because of Matsuzaka he's being unfairly compared to him - Matsuzaka is a potential ace. Igawa is a potential middle reliver. They are different people and pitch differently.

Igawa will be starting a game in SF against Cain. Yet again, he will be unfairly compared.

I am some-what torn here...I am a DIE-HARD Yankees Hater....more like ALL New York Teams hater....but I find myself rooting for individuals on that Yankee team...

Case-in-point....A-Rod, I was NOT a fan of that arrogant jerk. BUT, I find myself cheering him JUST BECAUSE Yankee fans hate him so much, because he is "not a true Yankee"....WTF??!! BEFORE he came to the Yankees, he was THE....THE BEST player in baseball ......PERIOD. He had a couple of non-A-Rod type years, and ALL the Yankee fans hated him, forgetting he sacrificed in giving up his natural position of shortstop....when he was BETTER than the one they had in the Bronx already....AND had to learn a NEW, TOUGHER position in 3rd base. His having a MONSTER year...and yet if Jeter was having the SAME monster year....he would be King of the East Coast! I hope he leaves New York and goes to a team that plays the Yankees alot, so he can feed on that pitching.

I REALLY like Jorge Posada(I must admit, it has something that has to do with being Puerto Rican...:D)...A class act and probably one of the BEST all around catchers in the AL.

I am ALSO a big fan of Hideki Matsui....the guy is ALL business and does it all without all the fanfare and the media bull***.

I am some-what torn here...I am a DIE-HARD Yankees Hater....more like ALL New York Teams hater....but I find myself rooting for individuals on that Yankee team...

Case-in-point....A-Rod, I was NOT a fan of that arrogant jerk. BUT, I find myself cheering him JUST BECAUSE Yankee fans hate him so much, because he is "not a true Yankee"....WTF??!! BEFORE he came to the Yankees, he was THE....THE BEST player in baseball ......PERIOD. He had a couple of non-A-Rod type years, and ALL the Yankee fans hated him, forgetting he sacrificed in giving up his natural position of shortstop....when he was BETTER than the one they had in the Bronx already....AND had to learn a NEW, TOUGHER position in 3rd base. His having a MONSTER year...and yet if Jeter was having the SAME monster year....he would be King of the East Coast! I hope he leaves New York and goes to a team that plays the Yankees alot, so he can feed on that pitching.

I REALLY like Jorge Posada(I must admit, it has something that has to do with being Puerto Rican...:D)...A class act and probably one of the BEST all around catchers in the AL.

I am ALSO a big fan of Hideki Matsui....the guy is ALL business and does it all without all the fanfare and the media bull***.

Rumor has it, the Tigers will be looking for a shortstop next year, theres talk of moving Guillen over to 1st base, Casey will more than likely be gone next year.

Jimbo

Rumor has it, the Tigers will be looking for a shortstop next year, theres talk of moving Guillen over to 1st base, Casey will more than likely be gone next year.

Jimbo

I think the likely scenario....and this all depends if there is new ownership, would be Chicago with the Cubs. They have nothing at short and is obviously a very good relationship between Pinella and A-Rod. And what better way to show the Wrigley faithful that they mean business than having A-Rod join the team??!! ALSO, that will discussion about a NEW ball park. As much as I LOVE Wrigley, that building's time has come and gone. But I will never say never in sports.....:D The ONLY thing from me REALLY liking the Tigers is them having THE biggest ass-stain in the majors on that team....Gary Sheffield.

I think the likely scenario....and this all depends if there is new ownership, would be Chicago with the Cubs. They have nothing at short and is obviously a very good relationship between Pinella and A-Rod. And what better way to show the Wrigley faithful that they mean business than having A-Rod join the team??!! ALSO, that will discussion about a NEW ball park. As much as I LOVE Wrigley, that building's time has come and gone. But I will never say never in sports.....:D The ONLY thing from me REALLY liking the Tigers is them having THE biggest ass-stain in the majors on that team....Gary Sheffield.

I don't recall you being a Tiger fan last year, when they didn't have Shef.......

That said, your senario of a A-Rod trade has more possibility than mine, you are correct, the Cubs need him much more than the Tigers.

The talk about Guillen moving to 1st has started, but A-Rod's name has not come up yet, at least so far that I have heard, but it would definatly fit.

Tigers WILL be looking for a SS, I hope they don't settle for someone, lets go get who they want, that said, Guillen worked out pretty well (except for his knees).

Who will the Yankee's be looking at for 3rd base ? Maybe Crede from the struggling White Sox after the season ? I don't know his contract status, but the Yankees don't worry about contracts ....

Jimbo

Biggest ass-stain- that's funny sh*t. Salsa, we must not have any Cubs fans here. When I saw your comments about Chicago's beloved Wrigley Field, I thought you were surely going to get hammered.

I don't recall you being a Tiger fan last year, when they didn't have Shef.......

That said, your senario of a A-Rod trade has more possibility than mine, you are correct, the Cubs need him much more than the Tigers.

The talk about Guillen moving to 1st has started, but A-Rod's name has not come up yet, at least so far that I have heard, but it would definatly fit.

Tigers WILL be looking for a SS, I hope they don't settle for someone, lets go get who they want, that said, Guillen worked out pretty well (except for his knees).

Who will the Yankee's be looking at for 3rd base ? Maybe Crede from the struggling White Sox after the season ? I don't know his contract status, but the Yankees don't worry about contracts ....

Jimbo

As for A-Rod coming to Detroit, as much as I would like to see him here, the 8 yr. 240M contract he'll probabily receive will probabily send him elsewhere. Boston comes to mind as a possible suitor.

As for A-Rod coming to Detroit, as much as I would like to see him here, the 8 yr. 240M contract he'll probabily receive will probabily send him elsewhere. Boston comes to mind as a possible suitor.

Yes, I wouild like to see him in Boston too, that way he can play against the Yankees on the opposite side of the field , That would be interesting ....
Although A Rod had his chance to play in Boston, not sure the Sox would try for him again, although it would be to thier benifit.
I would put him at SS and Lowell can stay at 3rd.
You ever notice the BoSox go thru SS like socks !!!(no pun intended !)

Jimbo

Jimbo

I am a BIG HUGE fan of Pudge....who I think is THE best ALL AROUND catcher since Johnny Bench...:D I am a HUG fan of Sean Casey..and my FAVORITE manager since Sparky if Jim Leyland. The Tigers are a gritty team, tough like their 2 leaders....Pudge and Leyland. I LOVE teams like that. The Mike Lowell contract, if I am not mistaken, expires at the end of this season(he had 3 years left with the last year being an option) and I have heard some rumblings through my contacts that the Yankees will go after him IF A-Rod leave and the end of this year.

I am a BIG HUGE fan of Pudge....who I think is THE best ALL AROUND catcher since Johnny Bench...:D I am a HUG fan of Sean Casey..and my FAVORITE manager since Sparky if Jim Leyland. The Tigers are a gritty team, tough like their 2 leaders....Pudge and Leyland. I LOVE teams like that. The Mike Lowell contract, if I am not mistaken, expires at the end of this season(he had 3 years left with the last year being an option) and I have heard some rumblings through my contacts that the Yankees will go after him IF A-Rod leave and the end of this year.
Gee the Lowell thing could be real easy for the 2 teams, they could essentially make a trade, imagine that !

I really like Pudge, but his offense this year and last has been lacking, he was a .300+ hitter when he got here, he's hitting .289 at the moment, I guess it's better than I thought, it seems like I never see him getting a hit anymore.
Defensively he's usually very reliable, tonight was the exception.
as for catchers, keep an eye on the guy that the Indians have now, Victor Martinez, he's been very impressive this year.

I also like Casey, but I don't expect him to be around next year.
Leyland, what can I say, he grew up in Perrysburg, a suburb of Toledo, he's a very classy guy.

I too was a Big Red Machine fan when I was young. I have always liked Sparky, Pete, Johnny and Joe and Tony as well !
What a team they were !!!

Jimbo

What makes you all think that he will leave and the Yankees will not sign him? Especially after the season he is having I do not see the Yankees let him go... Money is no obstacle to the Yankees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)