New York Yankees

OK! :D

$143M vs. $63M (still over twice the amount that Cleveland has)

**as an interesting sidenote, I noticed the highest paid players for the Tribe are the starting pitchers. Something to be said about great pitching making for great wins**

You're a bit off on the payroll numbers webbydude.....

Yankees 2007 payroll: $195,229,045
Indians 2007 payroll: $61,289,667

And just to note our next opponent's payroll in Boston is 2nd with an annual salary of: $143,123,714

See link here

This may be a good read for you then.

The Random Politic

Thank you. Little bit of an eye-opener.
could make an argument about Petite maybe not being "home grown" since he was reacquired. (Trade or free agent?) Same for the Japanese players. Still more talent from the farm than I would have thought. Thanks again for the info.

All said, I'm sure George will be a major player in the free agent market again this off season.

Thank you. Little bit of an eye-opener.
could make an argument about Petite maybe not being "home grown" since he was reacquired. (Trade or free agent?) Same for the Japanese players. Still more talent from the farm than I would have thought. Thanks again for the info.

All said, I'm sure George will be a major player in the free agent market again this off season.

George isn't playing with a full deck these days. Rumors are flying about his mental health. From what I heard they are true. So anything can happen.

You're a bit off on the payroll numbers webbydude.....

Yankees 2007 payroll: $195,229,045
Indians 2007 payroll: $61,289,667

And just to note our next opponent's payroll in Boston is 2nd with an annual salary of: $143,123,714

See link here

Actuallly, I *was* comparing Boston's numbers (along with the typo of Clevelands, meant 61...not 63)...not NY's; look at the post I was responding to. :)

Thanks for doing the work for me. I hate it when people talk solely about the players they buy. Their farm teams are some of the best in the league. Part of the Yankees problems is that they also shipped out some of their great young talent to acquire some of the big names. That needs to stop "now".

This may be a good read for you then.

The Random Politic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts