Status
Please reply by conversation.

scopus

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 8, 2006
Stoke on Trent, UK
Hi Guys,

Thought guys in the US might be interested in this new Yuri LNB i have just imported from Australia to the UK, A guy on EBay was selling them.
Having tried out the BSC 621 with mixed results with Ku on my 1.2 Prime focus dish I thought I'd try this one.
The C band LNB is at the focus position with a separate Ku LNB offset about 5 degrees form the main focus, this does mean you have to alter your Ku positions to the east to get ku reception, but I find the baby is much better at KU than the 621, also you can adjust the C and Ku focal lengths separately, plus leave in the slab for C band without it screwing up your Ku reception.
Here are some photos of the beast with C band reception from 22W (CNN) and the Intelsat 9 at 58W on Ku.
I really recommend this one works a treat!!

Chris

Attachments

• P3150004.JPG
    P3150004.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 1,775
  • P3150005.JPG
    P3150005.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,762
  • P3150006.JPG
    P3150006.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 1,241
  • P3150007.JPG
    P3150007.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 968
  • P3150008.JPG
    P3150008.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 837
Looking at the frequency for the ku on Pas9, I see it's a Universal frequency. Do you know if they have a Standard version of this set-up? Also, I see your dish is a prime focus dish, do you know if it will perform as well on an offset 1.2m dish? An offset dish would probably need a Conical feedhorn, which is hard to come by in these parts. I do find this very interesting, might get one for experimental purposes? What is the name of the unit, so I can do a search on it?

Al

At first look, I was thinking "WTF! does he have a punk rocker dish with a mohawk on it, or what?!"... then I saw the horses in the background and figured those things must be to keep the horses from brushing up against the dish so much.

As for the LNB, it looks like a lot of custom lnb's that I've seen people put together. Good to see someone putting the package together for those who don't wanna do so much experimentation.

Looking at the frequency for the ku on Pas9, I see it's a Universal frequency. Do you know if they have a Standard version of this set-up? Also, I see your dish is a prime focus dish, do you know if it will perform as well on an offset 1.2m dish? An offset dish would probably need a Conical feedhorn, which is hard to come by in these parts. I do find this very interesting, might get one for experimental purposes? What is the name of the unit, so I can do a search on it?

Al

Hi Al,

I doubt they do a standard Ku LNB for it. Their doesn't seem that much info around for it, I tried Google but didn't get far.
How it would work on an offset I don't know.

Chris

At first look, I was thinking "WTF! does he have a punk rocker dish with a mohawk on it, or what?!"... then I saw the horses in the background and figured those things must be to keep the horses from brushing up against the dish so much.

As for the LNB, it looks like a lot of custom lnb's that I've seen people put together. Good to see someone putting the package together for those who don't wanna do so much experimentation.

He, he..one or two others have said it looks like a 'punk' dish, But seriously they stop the birds landing on the edge of the dish and sh*tting all over it!

Chris

Hi Al,

I doubt they do a standard Ku LNB for it. Their doesn't seem that much info around for it, I tried Google but didn't get far.
How it would work on an offset I don't know.

Chris

Unfortunately for the members with a 4DTV a Universal LNB won't work for KU.

C/ku Yuri Lnb

hey chris ,
good work ,amazing..:up

i have a mesh type 12 feet c band dish antenna,can i try your technic in order to get both c& ku signals....Also i see from your picture,that 2 seperate cable runs to your receiver,although the lnb has buillt in switch.....y u prefered seperate cables

frm india

Hi Guys,

Thought guys in the US might be interested in this new Yuri LNB i have just imported from Australia to the UK, A guy on EBay was selling them.
Having tried out the BSC 621 with mixed results with Ku on my 1.2 Prime focus dish I thought I'd try this one.
The C band LNB is at the focus position with a separate Ku LNB offset about 5 degrees form the main focus, this does mean you have to alter your Ku positions to the east to get ku reception, but I find the baby is much better at KU than the 621, also you can adjust the C and Ku focal lengths separately, plus leave in the slab for C band without it screwing up your Ku reception.
Here are some photos of the beast with C band reception from 22W (CNN) and the Intelsat 9 at 58W on Ku.
I really recommend this one works a treat!!

Chris

quote:they stop the birds landing on the edge of the dish

LOL Good one, I never thought of that, I bet those birds only try landing there once before they
get the message!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)