NEW

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rc1richard

Original poster
Dec 19, 2008
WNC
Hello. I'm new to the forum and have some questions.
I have a 10ft mesh dish with C/ ku horn, a 905 sidecar and a 2500a pansat. I have been watching M5 and M6 by turning my dish manually as it's only a few degrees difference. I was thinking of buying a Vbox3 positioner and using it as a stand alone positioner for both receivers.
Currently both C and Ku from the dish run into a disq swith then into the pansat. How would I hook everything up together...ie: positioner-Pansat-Sidecar ?
Sorry for being so long winded just wanted to state my question clearly.

welcome :wave

Is the polorotor (the blue box to run polarity) hooked to the 2500 or the 905?
How is it hooked up right now? Sounds like the 905 is slaved to the Pansat?

If so I would do this

LNB to the 2500
dish.......vbox.....2500

slave the 905 off the 2500

905 is not hooked up now. Only the pansat.
I had it slaved to an old c band receiver at one time but the receiver went out.
I was just thinking rather than purchase a new 922 I could get by with a stand alone positioner.
I just wasnt sure how to run the cables on the 905 and pansat because both C and KU run into the pansats disq switch then only one cable runs to the pansat.
The 905 ,however has inputs for both C and KU.
I'm not sure but I think the actuator cable would run to the positioner only if used stand alone..?
Can I split the C and KU coming from the dish and run one side to a disq switch for the pansat and the other side seperately to the 905 ?
All cables are rg6 I think

Last edited:
probably what you want is.

What it sounds like you need is a VBOX to move the satellite dish using the FTA Pansat receiver. Now the key would be if the pansat has a V/H control on the back of it. If it does not. you cannot change your polarities. Then to hook up the 905. They make splitters that you can split each cable up to each receiver.
or

You could also just find a old analog receiver cheap to move the dish to. (Then use splitters to goto what you need. Tthey even had NIB someplace on ebay of analog receivers that controled old dishes (At one time). But that is basicly what you would be using it for is to control a dish. Though there is a few analog feeds and what not up there if you are into just flipping through the settings.

Laters,

Josh

What it sounds like you need is a VBOX to move the satellite dish using the FTA Pansat receiver. Now the key would be if the pansat has a V/H control on the back of it. If it does not. you cannot change your polarities. Then to hook up the 905. They make splitters that you can split each cable up to each receiver.

The Pansat 2500 does have polorotor controls on the back....My 1500 does not

I just wasnt sure how to run the cables on the 905 and pansat
Isn't the 905 designed to be between the Dish and Analog Receiver?
So if your Analog went out, you would put the Pansat in the place of the Analog

...........................................................Motor / Pulse Out-----------------\
Dish Motor / LNB / Pol------------In905 C&Ku Out---------DiSEqC------------VBox------Pansat
...........................................................Pol Out--------------------------------------/

So... I could just split the C and KU incoming cables from the dish...Put a dicq swith on the two for the pansat and run one cable to the pansat input...then run the other two one C and One KU
to the 905...?

So... I could just split the C and KU incoming cables from the dish...Put a dicq swith on the two for the pansat and run one cable to the pansat input...then run the other two one C and One KU
to the 905...?

yep you could do that

kit5.jpg

Isn't the 905 designed to be between the Dish and Analog Receiver?
So if your Analog went out, you would put the Pansat in the place of the Analog

yes. The 905 has inputs and outputs for C-Band, KU Band and the polorotor. There is a "A/D" button on the remote that switches between analog & digital (like a TV/VCR button worked on a VCR back in the day ;) )

When hooked up that way, when the 905 is on, it controls the polarity but when its off the analog box controls it. I guess the question would be if the OP is mainly going to use the Pansat then I would just wire up the polorotor to the Pansat

edit: found some old pics I took of mine

Attachments

• 000_0499.jpg
    000_0499.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 000_0500.jpg
    000_0500.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 126
  • 000_0502.jpg
    000_0502.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 129
Thank you all so very much now I'm clear on this. You have all been so very helpfull. I'm certainly glad I joined this forum as I have much to learned and have come to the right place. There are'nt any people here who do any big dish installs anymore so if I am to get the programing I wan't I'll have to learn all I can.
Thanks again to all and Merry Christmas!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)