Newb here....contract with Dish expired, but they said we don't have any offers, what is everyone el

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I really do not understand how changing to Direct actually translates into savings...I have a 722K that services my main set and a small set in a bedroom. I get all the programing I am interested in for $59.99 plus taxes and fees. When I recently checked into the possibility of switching to see if I could save anything, I found it would cost me more even with a new customer discount. Mainly because Direct does not have a unit that will service two televisions. I have been a happy Dish customer for 9 years and plan on staying with them unless I decided to switch to just OTA viewing.
If you have just one receiver, Dish is nearly impossible to beat.

There are a lot of self righteous people in this thread. If you are paying retail for your TV programming good for you, the rest of us will continue to look for the best deal, which often means switching providers back and forth as contracts expire. Retention departments are rarely ever empowered to match new sub deals other providers have. So instead the companies pay far more money to disconnect and reconnect the same customers every other year because they can't play this game effectively.

There are a lot of self righteous people in this thread. If you are paying retail for your TV programming good for you, the rest of us will continue to look for the best deal, which often means switching providers back and forth as contracts expire. Retention departments are rarely ever empowered to match new sub deals other providers have. So instead the companies pay far more money to disconnect and reconnect the same customers every other year because they can't play this game effectively.

Hahahaha. That is just funny.

They obviously are very effective at playing this game. They dangle the carrot and watch some people hop.

If you want a special offer from Dish, just tell them you are going to cancel the service. I just canceled my service (I was not under contract) and I was immediately sent to retention department which quickly offered a significant discount, free channels, etc, if I signed a two year contract. I wasn't interested, but during the next week I was contacted at least another couple of times by Dish with deals and then when the boxes showed up to return the receivers there was another one on paper inside it. One of them said "we are willing to do almost anything to keep you".

So if you want a deal, this is all you need to do.

In my case, I went to an OTA and a Roku with Netflix. Replaces $115/month bill with $8.99, and there is more to watch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)