Newbe configuration help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

woody99

Original poster
Jan 10, 2009
Northern California
Greetings;

Have been 'lurking' here for a few weeks, and have not really found the answers to the questions I have.

I currently have a 3 set setup. Two LCD HD TV's,and 1Non-HD TV all in separate rooms in the house, all connected to Comcast cable.

I would like to replace comcast with DN Turbo-HD/Locals (S.F. Bay Area).
o What would be the best configuration to drive this setup.
o Would this require something above and beyond a 'Normal' Install.
o Which of the several satellites I have seen listed do I need to use to provide the local and HD programing?
o Can I Split the downlink cable to multiple boxes, the way I can with regular cable??

I have only had experience with a single set DTV setup so not familiar with this multi TV setup , using a dis that 'see's' multiple satellites.

Thanks for the help I have already gotten out of reading the forum.

PS: If there is a better place to ask these questions, please point the way...

Greetings;

Have been 'lurking' here for a few weeks, and have not really found the answers to the questions I have.

I currently have a 3 set setup. Two LCD HD TV's,and 1Non-HD TV all in separate rooms in the house, all connected to Comcast cable.

I would like to replace comcast with DN Turbo-HD/Locals (S.F. Bay Area).
o What would be the best configuration to drive this setup.
o Would this require something above and beyond a 'Normal' Install.
o Which of the several satellites I have seen listed do I need to use to provide the local and HD programing?
o Can I Split the downlink cable to multiple boxes, the way I can with regular cable??

I have only had experience with a single set DTV setup so not familiar with this multi TV setup , using a dis that 'see's' multiple satellites.

Thanks for the help I have already gotten out of reading the forum.

PS: If there is a better place to ask these questions, please point the way...

Dish antenna to be used is the 1000.2 which receives 110, 119, and 129. The antenna has a built-in switch for providing signal for up to 3 dual tuner receivers. If you want independent HD on both HDTVs you will need 2 HD receivers. The 211 or 211k receivers provide HD to one HDTV. An external hard drive can be added for a one-time fee which turns the 211 model into a basic HD DVR. If you want a dual tuner HD DVR for one HDTV, the 612 model is available. It doesn't have PiP (picture in picture) though and is subject to a $5.98 per month DVR fee. For the second HDTV, there is either the 622 or 722 dual tuner HD DVR receivers. In dual mode, either can provide independent programming to one HDTV and one SDTV. In single mode, either provides 2 tuners to a single HDTV as well as PiP. Both are subject to the $5.98 per month DVR fee. The 222 receiver also provides for one HDTV and one SDTV without the DVR feature. The 222k, 612, 622, and 722 also have an OTA tuner for receiving HD from local stations OTA (over the air). One cable is needed from the dish for each receiver whether a single tuner or dual tuner.

Single HDTV: 211 or 211K (single tuner), 612 (dual tuner), 622/722 (dual tuner, PiP)
HDTV and SDTV: 622/722 or 922 (upcoming, like the 722 but with sling technology built-in)

I would go with either two 722's (DVR) or one 722 (DVR) and one 222 (No DVR) for a total of 4 TV's. I know you said you only have 3 TV's but it shouldn't cost anything more for the 4th TV and you might add one sometime later.

This should be a "Normal Install" unless you need a pole mounted dish or extensive interior cabling.

I'm not sure if this would be eastern or western arc but it shouldn't matter to you.

Each receiver needs a separate "cable in" from the dish but the "TV out" can be split to several TV's

Same set up

I have the same situation - 2 HDTVs and 1 SDTV. I use a 722 for my main HDTV and the SDTV in my bedroom. I have the HDTV in my den hooked up to a 211. The 722 has both an HD output via HDMI or component AND an independent SD output via coaxial cable or composite output. This is a standard setup for DN. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts