Newbe question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Thanks for that information. So what is the difference in the 1K.2 and the 1K.4 dish.
Thanks for any assistance you can give me to understand what is happening.
ckbrownla
For Western Arc, the only difference is the size of the dish and the spacing of the LNBs. (The 1k.4 is larger.)
Also, the 1k.2 can accept Hybrid LNBs (for Hopper systems) while the 1k.4 only works with DPP LNBs.

For Eastern Arc, the 1k.4 LNB adds a third satellite location (77W) and an input for adding a 4th satellite location.
The 1k.2 LNBs for Eastern Arc only work for 61.5 and 72. The Hybrid version of the EA 1k.2 has an input for a third satellite location. The DPP version does not.

Reactions: HipKat
Thanks for that information. So what is the difference in the 1K.2 and the 1K.4 dish.
Thanks for any assistance you can give me to understand what is happening.
ckbrownla
For Western Arc, nothing overly noticeable other than the shape, size and adjustability of the dish. It's still hitting the same 3 sats. For Eastern Arc, it's adds the 77 Sat to the 61 and 72, which are the only that a .2 Eastern Arcs sees. the 77 is basically, in most cases, not really used anymore.
\

Edit! i REALLY, REALLY need to start reading the rest of a thread before I reply....lol

More information Here:

Well I have photos of the System Info One from the original ViP222K that gives the following:
Satellite: 119 110 129
Signal Green Green Green
Point Dish 119W with a Signal Strength of 50.

Device: DPP1K.2 1K.2(1), 1K.2(2), 1K.2(3)

A more specific question arises.
As the disk is DPP 1000.2 from the System Info One.

He has to add the following receivers, ViP211K or ViP211Z because of Dish's restrictions to his account .

What would I need to buy other than the ViP211(K)'s or (Z)'s to connect
4 of the ViP211's to the 1K.2 dish?

More information Here:

Well I have photos of the System Info One from the original ViP222K that gives the following:
Satellite: 119 110 129
Signal Green Green Green
Point Dish 119W with a Signal Strength of 50.

Device: DPP1K.2 1K.2(1), 1K.2(2), 1K.2(3)

A more specific question arises.
As the disk is DPP 1000.2 from the System Info One.

He has to add the following receivers, ViP211K or ViP211Z because of Dish's restrictions to his account .

What would I need to buy other than the ViP211(K)'s or (Z)'s to connect
4 of the ViP211's to the 1K.2 dish?
You would need at least one DPP44 switch. Is the ViP222k staying hooked up, in addition to the 4 ViP211's? If so, you would need to trunk the DPP44 to a second DPP44. That would give you enough outputs to connect up to eight receivers.

No, the ViP222k has been deactivated by Dish on this account. He could sell it if he wants,I guess. Unknown at this time. Thanks for the answer!!!
Do you know of a link to get a installation guide to the DPP44 switch? Any help with it would be appreciated.

I would ask another question. The dish at his location only has 1 cable coming out of the dish support arm and going in to the building.
On the rear of the ViP222K is a Dish Network Dish Pro Plus Triplexer (ES175284). It has two cables to connect to the satellite 1 and 2
inputs on the 222K. I think the 1K.2 dish has a switch in it. How is this going to work with the DPP44 switch? Thanks for your help!!!!

I would ask another question. The dish at his location only has 1 cable coming out of the dish support arm and going in to the building.
On the rear of the ViP222K is a Dish Network Dish Pro Plus Triplexer (ES175284). It has two cables to connect to the satellite 1 and 2
inputs on the 222K. I think the 1K.2 dish has a switch in it. How is this going to work with the DPP44 switch? Thanks for your help!!!!
Adding the DPP44 switch disables the switch that is built into the LNB. You are going to need three cables from the LNB to the inputs on the DPP44 switch. The switch can be mounted outdoors with the dish, but then you would need four cables going into the building (one for each receiver) so it would probably be easier to put the switch indoors. The triplexer would not be used with this setup at all, since all of the receivers would be Solo receivers with only one satellite tuner.

Adding the DPP44 switch disables the switch that is built into the LNB. You are going to need three cables from the LNB to the inputs on the DPP44 switch. The switch can be mounted outdoors with the dish, but then you would need four cables going into the building (one for each receiver) so it would probably be easier to put the switch indoors. The triplexer would not be used with this setup at all, since all of the receivers would be Solo receivers with only one satellite tuner.
Three, four, not that much difference. If you have to bring three cables to the switch it may well be easiest for it to be external because the cabling from there could be going four different directions and that might not be as easy from an internal location. Each installation has to be considered as to the easiest, and cleanest, method.

Three, four, not that much difference. If you have to bring three cables to the switch it may well be easiest for it to be external because the cabling from there could be going four different directions and that might not be as easy from an internal location. Each installation has to be considered as to the easiest, and cleanest, method.
I thought of that, but I didn't know whether he wanted the exterior walls of the building wrapped in cables going to each room (some people don't like that, for aesthetic reasons) which is why I mentioned both options.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)