Newbie - 322 / Tivo Ir setup - Help Please

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

usbritinusa

Original poster
Jul 25, 2005
As a Tivo owner for 3 years with cable, I've just transferred to Dish and a 4 TV, 2 Receiver setup. I've read about the annoying bouncing "select" issue, but I can't even get past channel changing with the Tivo remote using the IR blaster cables.

I've tried all position combinations, numerou code selections and spent hours on the phone with Tivo, all to no avail.

Can someone please help ?

Many thanks in advance.

Do you have a series 1 or 2? I have a series 1 and set it up using the Echostar receiver (I can't remember which one and it's in the other room). I left the speed set to the fastest and put the IR blaster on the front of the 322. Just to be sure, it will only work with TV1. TV2 is RF only and cannot be controlled by the Tivo.

Good luck!

I have Tivo series 2 and trying to connect to TV1. I've tried positioning the IR blasters in front of the 3 IR recievers on the front of the Dish box in various ways: over / under, both over, both under - nothing worked to change the channel. The codes I was advised to use were 10001 and 10011.

Any further ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks !

When I get home tonight, I'll try to remember to take a look at which receiver I have set it up as. I have both blasters tucked underneath the receiver and do not have a problem with it changing channels. They are on the extreme right of the receiver, when facing it.

Thanks mrschwarz. I'm thinking the ir emitters are being confused by the fact that there are 3 ir eyes on the front and potentially 2 incoming signals (TV1 and TV2) or simply, my Tivo ir emitter just aint working (cables may have got crimped in the transfer process).

I might purchase another set of emitter which stick directly on the glass in front of the eyes - but will wait to see what setup you have.

Thanks again.

My Tivo is set up for Echostar code 10001-fast. It is also set to not require and enter to change channels.

Unless the Series 2 is different, you may be having problems with your IR blaster.

Good luck!

Hi mrschwarz - I finally figured it out after reading of a similar incident with a different box (522). It was the remote address code for the TV1 remote. It had been set to address #3.

I simply followed the book in changing the address to #1 and then my Tivo IR emitter worked, code 10001 Fast as you said.

During my research I also uncovered the screen saver issue and set my Dish manual event from 0500 - 0430 to overcome that.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

During my research I also uncovered the screen saver issue and set my Dish manual event from 0500 - 0430 to overcome that.

Could you explain how to do this, I have the same problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts