Newbie Directv splitting question.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jpa25

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 2, 2005
I have a triple LNB dish mounted on the back corner of my house. The wire runs over the front roof to a switching point that wires the house.

I would like to run a line down the back corner of the house for an outdoor hookup. Can I split right off the dish without messing with the inside wiring? What would I need to do this? I already have an extra basic receiver. Thanks for the help.

how many receivers do you currently have hooked up to the dish? the triple lnb dish has 4 outputs on it, if you have less than 4 receivers hooked up, you could just run a wire from the new outlet to an open port on the lnb

not sure...

Bird...I think I'm starting to get a better understand here. The wire coming out of the satellite is has four lines to it, and goes into a four way splitter. I'm running three lines in the house. Could I just undo from the dish itself the one line I'm not running, and run line down the house for outside setup?

Thanks for the help here.

I have a triple lnb and a single lnb dish I've had for 10 years for a total of 5 available outputs. All 5 are in use. I have 2 HD STBs and when the HD-DVR deal comes out I will want to replace both HD STBS with HD DVRs assuming there is a good deal. I don't want to have pay hundreds of dollars for both. Anyway, once I get the HD DVRs I will want to using them to their fullest capability which means I need at lease two more lines from the dishes. What is the best way to split the signal in my situation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)