newbie, do i need another dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Trouble598

Original poster
Jul 4, 2008
south carolina
hello everyone,new to this but, have done alot of reading.i have an dishnetwork superdish 33.5" across, 24" down dual lnb bracket. can i use this dish? i know to change the lnb and get a linear\ku one. i'm looking at an viewsat ultra receiver to get started.

It's really not appropriate, unless you are optimally located and looking for particular strong transponders on some sat. Generally we suggest a minimum 30" dish, with 36" dish preferred.
Let us know what you expect to receive, and maybe some more suggestions will come in.
:)

trying to get started

brentb636, thanks for the response back, i have a friend that can pick up over 300 channels and i'm looking to do the same. i was told i could my dish-network dish and i had no luck. i haven't change the lnb's yet, i had a viewsat ultra receiver hooked to my dish just to see what happens and nothing.any suggestions will be greatful.

You need to have a linear LNB and a dish aimed at a linear satellite. If your current setup is aimed at dish network satellites, you won't be able to pickup any thing.
Bob

Actually, one of the LNBs on that dish should be suitable for FTA use.
Is this a 121º SuperDish?
If so, there are two LNBs mounted on two "pipes", which are attached to each other.
The LNB on the bent pipe is marked FSS.
It's a bandstacked LNB which will get you some FTA.

If this is the 105º Superdish, I think the appropriate LNB has ....

Well, I suggest you paste in a picture of the LNB bundle on that dish, and we can guide you better.
I'm a little rusty on my dish descriptions. - :rolleyes:

edit: and this is not to say you shouldn't get a more appropriate dish, LNB, and aim the thing correctly.
Just as was so wisely recommended above...
But if you want to get your feet wet, and get sucked into the hobby, this dish will probably do the job. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)