"NEWBIE & FRUSTRATED"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

J.Johnson

Original poster
Nov 1, 2008
i bought the neusat ipro 2000+, & i thought to hear everyone talk that it was going to be easy. I have never had n e thing make me feel so "ill-equiped". I don't even know where to start. I got it out of the box hooked it up, now what do i do. I wish the manual could have a bit more explaining on step by etep, what to do.

more info needed

What kind of dish/lnbf do you have? Where is it pointed? Motorized or not?
What type programming are you seeking?
Somebody here can help but we need a little more info first.
(It's not as tough as it looks lol,)

You sound like I felt a year ago! I did not know enough about what I was looking at - or what I bought - to ask any of the right questions. So, if you answer Turbosat's questions you will get more of the right answers to questions you need the answers to, but you do not know how to ask: More answers than most people can handle, and find out you have a lot more friends here on the board than you knew existed on the planet!
POP

If this is confusing, don't feel badly. FTA receiver manuals are usually not the best. The NeoSat IPRO 2000 manual is one of the worst I have seen. It really sucks.

If you want to get BEV or DN, ask somewhere else. This is not that kind of board.

Assuming you have the stuff physically set up, you have to pick a satellite to shoot for. Dishpointer (google for it) will tell you approximately what direction to aim for. (azimuth (east-west) and elevation (up-down) )

Then, you have to tell your receiver what kind of LNBF you have. Standard or Universal usually.

Then you have to tell the receiver the frequency, polarization and symbol rate of a transponder on the satellite you are trying to look at. It's best to get that info here.

After you get to this point, you set the receiver to show signal quality. Then, move the dish around, aiming it until you get a good signal.

It's trial and error. You might see good signal strength but no quality. That might mean you are pointed at the wrong satellite.

IIRC, The IPRO 2000+ does not blind scan. So if you want to do real FTA, you have to enter the transponder info. You can get that from THE LIST, or on Lyngsat.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)