newbie install dish 322

crypto221

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2005
hello i need help on how to install 2 dish 322 and one dish 811 i already have the 811 installed and want to add the 322's so i can have a total of 5 TV's what i have is 1 dp34 switch and 2 dish 322 receivers do i need anything else? I seen you can use single wire installs with dipexlers does that mean i can use only one dp34 since i would be using only 3 of the outputs of the switch? Please help

You need a 2nd DP34. (Or you you can swap the DP TWIN feeding it for a DP QUAD and gain 2 more outputs.)

With DP technology dual-tuner receivers like the 322 need 2 seperate feeds.

You could convert your system to DishPro Plus by replacing your DP TWIN with a DP+ TWIN, and replacing the DP 34 with a DP+44 but that would be a lot more expensive.

No need to replace the dp twin with a dp plus twin and a dp plus 44, the dp twin will work with a dp plus 44 switch and will be the easiest thing to do. The dpp44 will allow you to run one line from the switch to each reciever, at the 322 you will have to connect an included dp seperator at the end of the run from the switch and add to the seperator the included 6 inch jumpers to connect to sat ports one and two on the reciever. You will have to run a new coax from the tv2 port out to the remote tv that the reciever will run or you can purchase 6 diplexers and combine the tv2 output down the same line as the sat feed line to make it easier though if your not familiar with any of this then forget the diplexers unless your willing to spend some time on putting this altogether. The line thats going to the 811 should be the reciever one line on the switch as that line requires the power inserter to be atached and will most likely be the easiest one to set up. One more thing to do though, you will need to change the remote address on the 811 and the tuner 2 remote address on one of the 322's so that they dont interfere with each other.

How to change the remote address on a dish pro reciever.

Take your remote and press menue, then 6, 1, and 3, you should see the system information screen, at the bottom of this screen there will be a box with the number one in it, that is your default remote address.

Hold the sat button on the top of the remote down until all other function keys light up, release the sat button seeing that it is blinking, now press any number after 1 such as 2, then press the # button and watch for the sat button to blink 3 times, now press the record button on your remote and you should see the number change in the box on the screen to what ever number you chose, if it doesnt change press record again and it should then change, if not then repeat this procedure again.

you are saying if i don't use the dp plus 44 switch i will have to change the dp twin? i already have a dp34 switch but if all i have to do is run one cable to each receiver then use a seperator ( is that the same as a splitter) i go out and get a dp44 switch now when hooking it up you use two ports for the 322's and one port for the 811 off of the dp44 switch? then use the power inserter between the dp44 switch and the 811? sorry but just don't want to make any mistakes

It's a DPP44 switch. It will work with either a DP-Twin OR a DPP-Twin.

Th DPP Separator is NOT the same as a splitter, or any other device.

DPPlus technlogy allows for one port per receiver - even if it's a dual-tuner receiver.

Sometimes (especially when doing OTA and using diplexers), it's best to NOT put a receiver on port #1 - just the power inserter.

If you don't use the DPP44, you have the 2 options JD#2 gave which I will expand on a bit.

- 2nd DP34. Connect to 1st DP34's trunking outputs as shown in the little diagram on the switch. Supports up to 8 tuners. Keep the DP Twin.
- Replace the DP Twin with a DP Quad. 2 outputs of the DP Quad go to the DP34, the other 2 go to a 322, this receiver will not get the 3rd satellite. 2 outputs of the DP34 go to the other 322, another to the 811, the 4th is left for expansion.

You didn't actually say you have a 3rd sat connected, my hookup suggestion is based on the assumption you have Voom for the 811. Either way, both inputs of any dual-tuner receiver must be connected to the same switch - both on the DP Quad or both on the DP34 - not one on each.

i'm going to use a dpp44 switch the only thing is do you put the power inserter in series with the line going to the 811? or does it have to power the switch itself

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)