newbie just got a bud!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

htownjoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2007
splendora tx
hello everyone, my name is joe and i am new to the forum, nice to be a part of this great forum. to start i bought an 8 ft unimesh last week and with it a ge super 350i analog rec, well the remote only does channels and volume, the menu and others dont work, strange. so i got a panasonic crd 4500 with power supply. only prob is no remote and sats stored on receiver are old and not accurate with different dish. so i am in the houston area and looking for a working analog rec with a remote so i can program sats, i have a pansat fta dvb to slave the analog to once i get it so i can move dish and get best of both worlds. anyone on here around houston area that could sell me a old analog reciever? amazingly i have checked all over area and no dealers have anything at all. i have heard all of these stories about dealers having leftover bud equipment from the old days but not in houston, i guess most people nowdays have no fascination for the wild and crazy things to be seen on tv. great to be on your discussion!

welcome :wave to the forum

Honestly E-Bay is probably the best spot for old C/KU analog boxes. In most cases it will cost more to ship than what you win the box for :D

bummer that the remote doesn't work on the 350

Welcome to the group

there is a seller on ebay that was selling new old stock NextWave NCC500
some of the guys go them i don't know how good they are but they was getting a good deal on them search for the thread....

or you could get a V-box II that controls ( moves ) a big dish.

MIKE has a couple legacy's they are good boxes

you might can find a remote on there

New Receiver

I just bought a New in the box US Electonics Legacy receiver from ubid.com for $34 total ($17 bid + $17 Shipping) for same reason. It seems to work ok but since I'm new to this I haven't quite figured out how to set it up to control my recently acquired bud. I may figure it out once I get my lnb installed and everything hooked up. I'm still buying pieces to the puzzle and wondering if I should have bought something like a V-BoxII. Maybe that would have been easier for me. I too live in Houston and if your not in a real big hurry I may have one to sell if I can't get it figured out. If you are in a hurry ubid.com still has them.

Advertise?

Check your local free shopper guide, big dishes and receivers turn up there sometimes, or run an ad yourself. Another good place to look for used receivers
is your local Goodwill or Salvation Army store. Once you get a working big dish, nothing else will look as good, and you'll wish you had one twenty years ago!

Welcome twl101!!!!!!!!!!!

starchoice install in houston

been asked who could do an install in Houston. I have no idea. Anyone?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)