Newbie looking for FTA horse racing and music...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sentry

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2003
Huntington WV
Greetings -

Looking for a FTA for my Father In Law in central Virginia. Mostly wants horseracing channels from NY that I have seen on links provided by this forum. Also would like free music channels if possible with the cheapest / least complicated options.

Any ideas on a bare bones system for him would be appreciated. Thanks.

AMC 5 has the horse racing content you are looking for. Music I'd look to 91W with a circular LNB. With a little experimantation you could probably get AMC 5 @79W and Nimiq1/3 @91W on a single dish. You'd just have to play with positioning of the circular LNB (to the left of the 'main' LNB of the dish, if you are facing the dish) is pointed to AMC 5.

As for a system, I'd shop around some. For what you are looking to do you can get by on the cheap (Around $200, everything new).

Good place to start:
http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Order/Systems.htm

Don't forget the RG-6 cable too!

Welcome :wave

You should be able to get a pretty inexpensive system. If all he is looking for is the horse racing and the audio, a setup could be as such
-receiver
-30” dish and KU band LNB for horse racing
-18” dish and DBS LNB for the audio
-2x1 DiseQc switch

This would get him started…If he wanted to motor around, that would be a little extra. But a basic system could be bought for around $150

The radio stations on ExpressVu are really good. Radio from Canada :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)