Newbie Looking For Help re IA6 Newsfeeds

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wxman1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2004
Finally found IA6 today. I am getting about 30% quality on 12170 V 3003 S/R. I just got the equipment yesterday and indeed am a newbie. I have a Pansat 2500A...when I found the "bird" did a satellite scan and two stations came up (1) MTV English1 (2) MTV English2 both on the above transponder. Cannot get a picture of either station as the screen says "scrambled or bad signal". With only about 30% quality I assume that is the reason. I thought Fox News and ABC News and the University Channel were 24/7. Should I be doing a different scan with my Pansat to try and get any other transponders? I realize the newsfeed are very much intermittent and assume that it would be best to do a scan quite frequently in order to ascertain if any "feeds" were on air. What type of scan should I do (a) Satellite Scan (b) Smartscan (c) Network Scan (d) Advanced SCan. Appreciate any help and thank you in advance for your assistance.

Wrong satellite sounds like you may be on AMC-4 move the dish 8 deg to the left/east from behind the dish!

I would use smart scan, you are not far away, dont touch the elevation just slight movments to the dish until you hit IA6

Or use the below coordinates to manually find the satellite, watching for quality only, good luck : )

May (IA6)

V
3003 s/r

Thanks for the frequency info Peter. It took me less than a minute to find IA6 (easy now that the numbers match since I changed the LNB info) I assume that the best thing to do to view newsfeeds is to occasionally do a satellite scan to find any new active transponders. Are you at all familiar with these feeds? Again, can't thank you enough for your patience and assistance in helping me get going. Kind personal regards.

Its great to have you here and I enjoy helping others what I lack in knowledge I like to think I make up for in enthusiasm for the hobby, you are right about the finds smart/blind scan for them and keep them if you like them, but they come and go, best time to get them is when news is happening or just before the top and bottom of the hour, happy hunting!

Funny I did not see these numbers. Where did you come up with them?
http://www.lyngsat.com/ia6.html

Thanks
Ken

wxman1 said:
Finally found IA6 today. I am getting about 30% quality on 12170 V 3003 S/R. I just got the equipment yesterday and indeed am a newbie. I have a Pansat 2500A...when I found the "bird" did a satellite scan and two stations came up (1) MTV English1 (2) MTV English2 both on the above transponder. Cannot get a picture of either station as the screen says "scrambled or bad signal". With only about 30% quality I assume that is the reason. I thought Fox News and ABC News and the University Channel were 24/7. Should I be doing a different scan with my Pansat to try and get any other transponders? I realize the newsfeed are very much intermittent and assume that it would be best to do a scan quite frequently in order to ascertain if any "feeds" were on air. What type of scan should I do (a) Satellite Scan (b) Smartscan (c) Network Scan (d) Advanced SCan. Appreciate any help and thank you in advance for your assistance.

There are TONS of feeds during the week around the top of the hours starting at 5 eastern. News feeds top stories usually are on :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)