Newbie needs help on FTA questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Original poster
Dec 30, 2005
I am a newbie with FTA receiver, and I need your help please.

I am thinking to receive some free Chinese channels from satellite Galaxy 3C and Intelsat Americas 5. I already have a 30” dish with a single Ku-band LNB (Standard, not an universal) and a Pansat 3500s receiver (All are used ones) from friends. My questions are:
· Since those two satellites is only two degrees apart. Someone has told me to get a single Invacom SNH-031 (Low noise and high efficiency) LNB to receive both satellites. Can I use my old Ku-band (Not high efficiency) to do the job? Or this Invacom is better?
· Do I need to change my dish to a Winegard DS2076? Is any difference?
· How do I setup my Pansat unit? Do I need to install an updated factory bin file from Pansat?
· When I align the dish, should I beam it between those two satellites (Between 95-degree and 97-degree)?

Thank you so much in advance for your opinion.

There is no software update needed for LEGAL FTA channels!

It is possible to get both but the signal will really be compromised. CCTV (G3) is very strong but a lot of the IA5 stuff you have to be bang on for good signal. So you may be able to do it but like I say, the signal quality will be hindered.

My suggestion is adding a motor.

You need oval dish, round dish will not get minimum signal quality for your receiver. The trick is, you turn to T5 and pick a weak TP and peak to the highest signal quality, then, lower the dish elevation by half degree and move the dish to east very very slowly and this will be best done by the receiver and TV at side. However, you may only get half of those signal quality, thats why a low temp LNBF is a must. One more suggestion, do the dish at ground level the best, once set, make a marking, because a tiny twist on the dish you will loss both satellites.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts