Newbie owner of an Edision OS MIO 4K

Usually the file without multiboot prefix can still be flashed multiboot.To do multiboot leave the file zipped and use the flash image menu.The zipped file needs to be in a folder named downloaded_images. There is two ways to flash 1 multiboot and 2 emmc.If you flash emmc you will overwrite slot 1. Emmc flash is where you unzip the non multiboot prefix file on to a flash drive and flash with a power cycle.
If I use an image that is not multiboot, won't it change my settings for all my other images??

It seems when I switch between images, I have to reconfigure my network.

Nope it will not change other images as long as you don't overwrite. Look at each slot as a partition.

Thanks so much!

But if so, why do they have multiboot images?

Another question. What would happen if I tried to load an image that I thought to be compatible with my MIO 4K but it wasn't. Would it brick my STB?

(I do have a bootable default recovery image.)

Thanks so much!

But if so, why do they have multiboot images?

Another question. What would happen if I tried to load an image that I thought to be compatible with my MIO 4K but it wasn't. Would it brick my STB?

(I do have a bootable default recovery image.)
multiboot only images are smaller files like 80mb compared to 200mb.
i wouldn't think an uncompatble image would even load but always make sure the image is for the mio4k.

Close call.. I thought I screwed the pooch!

I put these images in my slots:

slots.jpg

As mentioned before I tried the openvix and got locked out because I couldn't see the screen.. it was at the wrong frequency or resolution. I was able to use the window on the STB to change the video settings so I could then read the screen,

I tried another image.. The Satdreamgr.. initially it did the same thing.. unreadable screen. But then after a few moments it lowered the resolution on its own. This image was strange. It did not have a lot of features. I decided to try the last one.. openpli.

It booted up again with the scrambled screen.. the STB window had some set up options, but I could not get the resolution to change as before.. I then tried my restore USB to get back to factory default.. Although the white start up screen was rolling (as in my Youtube video), I could make it out. I saw a thread where a member posted a picture of it.

Screenshot from 2019-09-21 11-00-59.jpg

Great.. all I have to do is push and hold down the OK button and I should be go back to the factory Tnap-2. I tried it.. no go. As soon as I pressed the OK button it went to the unviewable openpli.. (maybe I did it wrong.. maybe I should have waited 10 seconds??) I started scrolling through the window again and found the multiboot menu. I was able to choose slot one and get back to Tnap-2 again!

Close call, I thought I messed up my box! I'm learning what not to do though! :)

If the ok for 10 seconds would have worked you would have overwrote slot 1 with openvix so it was good it didn't work. that is what the white screen is asking if you want to flash emmc.
You should be able to change the video settings with open webif.

If the ok for 10 seconds would have worked you would have overwrote slot 1 with openvix so it was good it didn't work. that is what the white screen is asking if you want to flash emmc.
You should be able to change the video settings with open webif.

How is that possible? I had Tnap-2 only on the USB stick. I would have thought it would have put it back in slot 1(?)

I think that SDA_FL_USA thought the screenshot of the OpenVIX confirmation screen was taken on your system.

If the file on your USB thumbdrive was TNAP, that is the image that would be written.

Many Enigma2 images perform an automatic resolution / refresh setting rotation in the initial set-up screens.

Reactions: Doorguru
How is that possible? I had Tnap-2 only on the USB stick. I would have thought it would have put it back in slot 1(?)
All right sorry about that misunderstanding that makes sense why the ok for 10 seconds did not work with your backup of Tnap2 because there is no emmc image file created with BackupSuite.You have to use BackupSuite for restoring a backup or turn you backup into a multiboot image by put the backup folder on your windows computer then open the folder and you will see another folder named osmio4k or osmio4kplus. Right click that folder and send to compressed zipped folder. after the zipped folder is made rename whatever now you can put the zipped multiboot backup in the downloaded_images folder and flash to any slot with the Flash image menu.

Reactions: Doorguru
I think the slots thing is just okay. Slots put up in your face in advertising for nubies kind of gets in the way of just getting familiar with the receiver.
Matter of fact OpenATV 6.3 sits in slot 1 of my Mio and Vix in slot 2. I haven't fired up Vix in a long time now.
Another matter for fact is if I could easily trash the other 2 slots and recover internal storage that may make the receiver work more slick, I would. I saw notes of telnet commands of how to do it.
I guess having 2 slots with one set aside for a spare in case things go south with the primary one (like a botched update) is cool.

And the resolution/screen roll thing. Interesting stuff about your TV's capabilities in the Mio remote.
Menu>Info Panel>Infos>EDID decode.
I know my older Sony projection looks like what is in the video. Sometimes it wouldn't play nice with my cable box.
HDMI was funky at times. I tried an HDMI>Component video adapter and those problems went away. Although only 720p res.
Neither newer Sony's have acted up. Handshaking got perfected I guess.
It's funny. I read of the screen roll thing and immediately though about the older Sony. Then I saw it!
Me: I'd say put slots and figuring out multiboot aside for now and just try to learn the box and firmware on it. Enigma 2 is pretty much the same aside all of the bells and whistles each version offers.

I think the slots thing is just okay. Slots put up in your face in advertising for nubies kind of gets in the way of just getting familiar with the receiver.
Matter of fact OpenATV 6.3 sits in slot 1 of my Mio and Vix in slot 2. I haven't fired up Vix in a long time now.
Another matter for fact is if I could easily trash the other 2 slots and recover internal storage that may make the receiver work more slick, I would. I saw notes of telnet commands of how to do it.
I guess having 2 slots with one set aside for a spare in case things go south with the primary one (like a botched update) is cool.

And the resolution/screen roll thing. Interesting stuff about your TV's capabilities in the Mio remote.
Menu>Info Panel>Infos>EDID decode.
I know my older Sony projection looks like what is in the video. Sometimes it wouldn't play nice with my cable box.
HDMI was funky at times. I tried an HDMI>Component video adapter and those problems went away. Although only 720p res.
Neither newer Sony's have acted up. Handshaking got perfected I guess.
It's funny. I read of the screen roll thing and immediately though about the older Sony. Then I saw it!
Me: I'd say put slots and figuring out multiboot aside for now and just try to learn the box and firmware on it. Enigma 2 is pretty much the same aside all of the bells and whistles each version offers.

I revisited the openvx image tonight. It has the Kodi extension I was looking for. My biggest learning curve is all the terminology. I will keep plugging along and will figure it out, most of most of it any way. I do experiment with the other features on this box too.

As far as the TV, it is time to upgrade. It will only do 720 and that is probably my video problems. I just realized another way to change images. Hold down the menu button when powering up. Although the menu still rolls and is unreadable.

Thanks for the advice!

Last edited: