Newbie putting together 4:2:2 HD system...what are you using?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dashaund

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
Travelers Rest, SC
So while my package is on the way from Sadoun, I'm going to start thinking about putting together my computer system to decode 4:2:2 HD feeds. Sure, I'll watch a little PBS every now and then, but I'm a sports NUT, so I'll do some heavy viewing on NASCAR, college football, and whatever else is on. I've got a older system that I'll be upgrading (It's a 500MHz PIII, so that won't cut it). I'm probably going with the Twinhan 102g card from Sadoun. I looked at the Nexus-s, but I figured the price difference wouldn't be worth it since the MPEG decoder won't do me any good for 4:2:2. I'm curious to see those with the setups what you're using. I want something that will decode these feeds smoothly, but don't want to waste money on overkill. Here's what I've picked out so far:

Intel Pentium D 805 2.66Ghz Dual Core
Biostar TForce4U-775 motherboard
1GB Ram
Geforce 7300 video card

I like the motherboard since it has S/PDIF out built in because I have a good 5.1 setup here. The Geforce 7300 has some hardware decoding on it to take some strain off the CPU. I figured I'd go with dual core, that way the MPEG decoding can be put on one core and the other stuff on another core (what do you guys think, would that work?). Plus, these chips seem to be easily overclockable, so I might give it a little umph. BTW, I plan on using ProgDVB.

Last edited:
Sounds good to me!

Good luck with your setup!

I too am planing to watch some 422 hd feeds this fall on my 102g.

My sig shows my setup! elecard and nvidia pure work the best for hdtv

Here is my system which just works providing the action is not to fast in which case things can blur. I wouldn't recommended it but it will give you an idea of the minimum.

AMD2000, 256MB ram, ATI Radeon 7000 64MB, Twinhan 102g
Using Mytheatre or Ritz DVB and cyberlink codec cpu spends most of its time at 100%
I hope to upgade soon.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts